Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Ok, I will not continue the political debate, it leads no where. I disagree with comparing, and I disagee with giving education, food, and education to people that refuse to work, if they are willing to work, even a volunteer job I woudl be more than willing to give them food and education, and a recommendation for a real paying job.

BTW, people here don't make a dollar a day with low unemployment, so that is very different as well. Even at minimum wage you can make a living, in most of the country. (CA is a big exception to that, you would be starving in CA with minimum wage, everything is so highly inflated over its value anywhere else)
      0 Not allowed!

Where are you guys gettign the 10% uneployment in EUROPE from ?

I'm in Portugal right now, it hoovers about 3% .. the area I am (Azores, is below 2%)

I live in both sides of the Atlantic .. and I must tell you .. anybody that thinks there is freedom of speech and press in the USA needs to take a vacation over here and watch the latenight news ..
    Carlos Rego
    OnApp CVO

The Cloud Engine
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by amd_duron
    blue27,

unemployment is already going down

Of course unemployment is going down. This is an election year.

What has Bush been doing for the last 3 years?
    Don't judge a president by what he does in the year of an election.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by xentury
    And by the way, there are many more dictators in the world (some of them worse than sadam), when will be their turn? I guess is a "lack of oil" problem here...

$87 billion dollard and thousands of deaths, but the US military and oil industry earning records.
    the US gets only a small percentage, (less than 10) from that AREA of the world. get your facts straight.
    jubba joo!
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Fujiwara Takumi
    the US gets only a small percentage, (less than 10) from that AREA of the world. get your facts straight.
    Yup, US must be getting its oil from some other secret place noone knows about.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by CRego3D
    I live in both sides of the Atlantic .. and I must tell you .. anybody that thinks there is freedom of speech and press in the USA needs to take a vacation over here and watch the latenight news ..
    I am going to have to agree with you on this one Carlos !

I spend about 50% of my time in Ireland and the news that they get their (mostly from the UK) is completely different from what we see here in the US. That was actually one of the first things I noticed when I started spending long periods of time in europe. I think it is too bad that we (Americans) cannot get the same level of news details that others do in Europe ... Especially since much of the news is about us !!
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com
    A decade of professional hosting !
      0 Not allowed!

The reason you can't nate is because in most (many) countries, television is state run, so there is no bias in foreign news.
    In the US, the news networks are all privately owned and they are motivated by commercial sales dollars, or in the case of some, but the philosophy of the station owners.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    The reason you can't nate is because in most (many) countries, television is state run, so there is no bias in foreign news.
    In the US, the news networks are all privately owned and they are motivated by commercial sales dollars, or in the case of some, but the philosophy of the station owners.
    Thanks for the qwik lesson in news broadcasting but I was not asking why. I was just agreeing with Carlos on the difference in broadcasted content and saying it is to bad for the rest of us here in the states....
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com
    A decade of professional hosting !
      0 Not allowed!

Your welcome.
      0 Not allowed!

How can state run media not be bias? I think that is totally wrong, there might be some that is government funded that is not too bias, BUT some of the grossest examples in history of extreme media bias where/are state run, in favor of their government. So there might be a degree of truth to the statement, but there is the other extreme to it as well.
      0 Not allowed!

How can state run media not be bias? I think that is totally wrong, there might be some that is government funded that is not too bias, BUT some of the grossest examples in history of extreme media bias where/are state run, in favor of their government. So there might be a degree of truth to the statement, but there is the other extreme to it as well.

True.
    I am biased on this issue as I tend to get most of my reliable news from the CBC (Canada) and the BBC (UK) which are far superior and in my opinion far more credible than US news organizations.
      0 Not allowed!

Just to throw in my thoughts.

I think we can start ranting and pouting about unemployment. It was the President who said he WILL create all these new jobs, that he has Failed to create. Lets face it. Bush hasn't done anything in his whole 4 years but focus on how he could get over there and get Sadaam.

And, whatever Bush does this year is only for him to get re-elected. If hes re-elected, he'll drop all his promises like usual, and focus on another war with another country.

This is what I think.
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Compu
    If Kerry gets in, we are DOOMMMEEDDD. I will admit that Bush has his down falls, but Kerry can not (will not) lead this country to anything great.
    Bush has not lead this country to anything "great" either.

I suppose we should just let Bush stay and continue to screw the USA like he has been during his whole term.
    Administrator & Webmaster:
    MegaGames
    MegaGames Forum
      0 Not allowed!

I can see how the joke was tasteless. But, I think the main problem of his joke was timing...just godawful timing!! ESPECIALLY...during an election year...jeez! It does not know how to be a good politician
      0 Not allowed!

First of all because Blue was partially wrong, they aren't state run in most of the european countries, they are run by the public, thus meaning the state has jackshit to say in them. They get their money via longterm contracts. The state (neoliberals, free marketeers, rightwingers, leftwingers) usually prefers to get rid of them (or turn them into state television) since they are too critical and represent the public, not the government or commercial interests.

You are right about state run television though.

Good well funded public television raises the quality of the news, brings good cultural programs and also other programs. Here in Flanders it's the most watched channel too and we have lots of commercial ones and foreign ones.
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 03-27-2004 at 08:28 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by systemdwn
    I can see how the joke was tasteless. But, I think the main problem of his joke was timing...just godawful timing!! ESPECIALLY...during an election year...jeez! It does not know how to be a good politician

That joke shouldn't come out of his mouth at any time. Since it was him who sent all those people over there and got them killed because of his fake information. Bush knew they had nothing. Bush just wanted to go over there to get revenge and do what his father didn't finish.
    Money is the root of all evil. So if you don't want to go crazy, give it all to me
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by JWise
    Bush just wanted to go over there to get revenge and do what his father didn't finish.
    WOW! Never heard that one before.
      0 Not allowed!

Its True
      0 Not allowed!

This is funny

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Urgent & Confidential Business Proposal

URGENT ASSISTANCE - FROM USA

IMMEDIATE ATTENTION NEEDED : HIGHLY CONFIDENTIAL

202.456.1414 / 202.456.1111
    FAX: 202.456.2461

Dear Sir / Madam,

I am GEORGE WALKER BUSH, son of the former president of the United States of America George Herbert Walker Bush, and currently serving as President of the United States of America. This letter might surprise you because we have not met neither in person nor by correspondence. I came to know of you in my search for a reliable and reputable person to handle a very confidential business transaction, which involves the transfer of a huge sum of money to an account requiring maximum confidence.

I am writing you in absolute confidence primarily to seek your assistance in acquiring oil funds that are presently trapped in the republic of Iraq. My partners and I solicit your assistance in completing a transaction begun by my father, who has long been actively engaged in the extraction of petroleum in the United States of America, and bravely served his country as director of the United States Central Intelligence Agency.

In the decade of the nineteen-eighties, my father, then vice-president of the United States of America, sought to work with the good offices of the President of the Republic of Iraq to regain lost oil revenue sources in the neighboring Islamic republic of Iran. This unsuccessful venture was soon followed by a falling-out with his Iraqi partner, who sought to acquire additional oil revenue sources in the neighboring emirate of Kuwait, a wholly-owned U.S.-British subsidiary.

My father re-secured the petroleum assets of Kuwait in 1991 at a cost of sixty-one billion u.s. dollars ($61,000,000,000). Out of that cost, thirty-six billion dollars ($36,000,000,000) were supplied by his partners in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and other persian gulf monarchies, and sixteen billion dollars ($16,000,000,000) by German and Japanese partners. But my father's former Iraqi business partner remained in control of the republic of Iraq and its petroleum reserves.

My family is calling for your urgent assistance in funding the removal of the President of the Republic of Iraq and acquiring the petroleum assets of his country, as compensation for the costs of removing him from power. Unfortunately, our partners from 1991 are not willing to shoulder the burden of this new venture, which in its upcoming phase may cost the sum of 100 billion to 200 billion dollars ($100,000,000,000 - $200,000,000,000), both in the initial acquisition and in long-term management.

Without the funds from our 1991 partners, we would not be able to acquire the oil revenue trapped within Iraq. That is why my family and our colleagues are urgently seeking your gracious assistance. Our distinguished colleagues in this business transaction include the sitting vice-president of the United States of America, Richard Cheney, who is an original partner in the Iraq venture and former head of the Halliburton oil company, and Condoleeza Rice, whose professional dedication to the venture was demonstrated in the naming of a Chevron oil tanker after her.

I would beseech you to transfer a sum equaling ten to twenty-five percent (10-25 %) of your yearly income to our account to aid in this important venture. The internal revenue service of the United States of America will function as our trusted intermediary. I propose that you make this transfer before the fifteenth (15th) of the month of April.

I know that a transaction of this magnitude would make anyone apprehensive and worried. But I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day. A bold step taken shall not be regretted, I assure you. Please do be informed that this business transaction is 100% legal. If you do not wish to co-operate in this transaction, please contact our intermediary representatives to further discuss the matter.

I pray that you understand our plight. My family and our colleagues will be forever grateful. Please reply in strict confidence to the contact numbers below.

Sincerely with warm regards,

George Walker Bush

Switchboard: 202.456.1414
    Comments: 202.456.1111
    Fax: 202.456.2461
    Email: president@whitehouse.gov
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
      0 Not allowed!

Americans have dozens of reasons to take a course of action against President Bush. You must be sheltered, there are rallies every day and organizations building strength to fight against President Bush. For example, MoveOn.org.

If you want to believe that Bush has not broken any laws, then I feel deeply sorry for you. He can be impeached, and should have been years ago. The least that should happen to Bush is for him to be censured. Then again, Congress is dominated by Bush's party, so you won't see true democracy taking a stand in Capitol hill.

And to the person that claims Kerry won't be a good leader: Get real, who is the one who actually served his country? That's why Bush is joking about the war now, he is taking it for granted. For crying out loud, Americans have spotted so many wrongs with Bush, you can't tell me that not one of them is true.

The man is a true misleader, infact, he's dividing the country and the world... day by day. If you find me wrong on that, why do you believe Bush being in office is so heavily debated? Rhetorical question.

Originally posted by Velostream
    Americans have no course of action to take against President Bush. He has not broken any laws and has not done anything in his seat that would constitute impeachment, which is the only way a President can be legally dismissed of his duties.

As far as an international court, that will not happen. There are too many ramifications (besides the point that the US doesn't observe an international court) involved with that and there are countries, who may not agree with his actions, would not sacrifice the amount of money and resources the US produces for the world.

Regards,
    Waylon
    Get it at work!
    LT in the Midday, 10a-3p
    Click here
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by vengeful
    Basicly comparing European economys to the american one is stupid, in so many ways.

But if you insist....the unemployment rate of England is about 3%.
    Hmm

http://www.centreurope.org/panoramag...ern_europe.htm

Actually if you want to read here Englands unemployment rate is %4.8

http://edition.cnn.com/2004/BUSINESS....jobless.reut/
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by blue27
    Tell that to the 3 million new people that are unemployed since Bush took over.
    Blue, as always good to see you. I hate George Bush just as much as you do, if not more.

My only problem is when people blame him for this economy. Bush inherited a poor economy from clinton. The dot com boom happening, unemployment rising. Also you must remember that most (if not all) of these large corporate scandals took place while Clinton was in office. Clinton killed the american economy and Bush created a war to save it (After/during wars the American economy is always driven up, look at history) and gave a lot of contracts to his family/friends so they could get a huge slice of the pie.

So, like I said, lets atleast put blame where it lies on this issue.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by The Pioneer
    Americans have dozens of reasons to take a course of action against President Bush. You must be sheltered, there are rallies every day and organizations building strength to fight against President Bush. For example, MoveOn.org.

If you want to believe that Bush has not broken any laws, then I feel deeply sorry for you. He can be impeached, and should have been years ago. The least that should happen to Bush is for him to be censured. Then again, Congress is dominated by Bush's party, so you won't see true democracy taking a stand in Capitol hill.
    I am not sheltered, and you making such assumptions makes you look really intelligent [insert sarcasm]. So tell me, what laws has he broken? How can he be impeached? Show me some examples and then I'll credit your opinion; you have a strong opinion, but yet no evidence or examples to back it up.

Regards,
    Waylon
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Velostream
    ...you have a strong opinion, but yet no evidence or examples to back it up.
    Everyone has a strong opinion and nobody has evidence when it comes to this subject. It's rediculous... almost all false assumptions.

I don't like Bush. I don't like Kerry. I'd rather vote for Nader...
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast