Frozen Hosting down?

As of 2250hrs EST, Frozen Hosting's servers are down. Got a package from them on 21/3 and this is the first outage within the week. Let's see how it goes from now, will post a full review within a week.
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah I noticed it too. I got a package from them about the same time. This better not be a regular occurence
      0 Not allowed!

They were up when i posted my last message, and now it seems their down again. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper. If a rep from frozenhosting reads this I'd appreciate an explanation
      0 Not allowed!

We've been having some problems communicating with the DC on the current issues. They've been extremely reluctant due to do anything but the bare minimum. Everything will be back to normal on our Dallas server soon.
      0 Not allowed!

The server is back up online again, and we believe we have it stablized. Thank you for your patience.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the info ebradsha. Do you have soemwhere on your website with uptime statistics?
      0 Not allowed!

i have been looking at buying there starter reseller pack, and was going to look over some more stuff and noticed the site was down. checked back about 15 or 20 mins later and it was up again...hope this doesnt happen very often...
      0 Not allowed!

Well I've only been with them a week but judging by their success so far it doesn't happen often. Their support so far for me setting up a few things has been stellar so i still reccommend them
      0 Not allowed!

That downtime was the only downtime that Frozen Web Hosting has had on that server for a long time, before that the server itself was going on a solid month of uptime.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ebradsha
    That downtime was the only downtime that Frozen Web Hosting has had on that server for a long time, before that the server itself was going on a solid month of uptime.
    I do not mean to be mean, in fact I am tending towards being optimistic about Frozen, but your reply seems to suggest that you're just working towards getting a "solid month" of uptime as opposed to great annual uptime records. In other words, your time horizon for uptime record keeping does not extend beyond 4 weeks...?
      0 Not allowed!

That's not what I meant at all, of course we look farther than 4 weeks into the future for uptime. I was simply stating that we were going on a month of solid uptime as an example of the quality service we provide.
      0 Not allowed!

... which is exactly my point. I would expect an example of "quality service" to refer to more than "going on a month of solid uptime". A true example of quality service should be "we're proud to say that we have had solid uptime for the past 8 months."

Still looking good - I am definitely not shooting you down. Keep up with the good forum/trouble ticket assistance.
      0 Not allowed!

Again, that's not what I was saying. A solid month of uptime is not our sole narrow minded goal. Uptime continuing into many months is.

By stating that we've had a solid month of uptime does not mean to say that a solid month of uptime is our only uptime goal, it's just a fact we would like to have known.

Does anyone else here understand or is it just me?
      0 Not allowed!

Again, that's not what I was saying. A solid month of uptime is not our sole narrow minded goal. Uptime continuing into many months is.

By stating that we've had a solid month of uptime does not mean to say that a solid month of uptime is our only uptime goal, it's just a fact we would like to have known.

Does anyone else here understand or is it just me?
    Based on your statement, that you were "going on a month of solid uptime", it suggests to me that just before that one month, there was some downtime. And with this month's downtime, it would suggest further that downtime is a monthly occurence at Frozen Hosting. Correct me if I am wrong.

ie.

XXX - February 22 Downtime noted*
    February 23 - March 24 No downtime noted (ie. "one month of solid uptime")
    March 25 Downtime noted

* downtime must have been detected sometime around February 23, or else you would have mentioned instead "going on MORE than a month of uptime"

I am not trying to be fussy here, and again I say that I am trending to warm towards Frozen, but these are impressions based on (1) my/our experience(s) this week and (2) your own statements indicating past uptime records

Maybe you would like to clarify when the previous downtime was noted.

"That's not what I meant at all, of course we look farther than 4 weeks into the future for uptime. I was simply stating that we were going on a month of solid uptime as an example of the quality service we provide."
    Last edited by drmaximus; 03-26-2004 at 11:44 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Sir,
    The server itself has only been online for less than one month, approximately 29 days now. By saying "the server was going on one month of solid uptime" is not an incorrect statement.
      0 Not allowed!

Sir,
    The server itself has only been online for less than one month, approximately 29 days now. By saying "the server was going on one month of solid uptime" is not an incorrect statement.
    Granted what you just said, it would however be incorrect to use that as prove of great service. Because downtime has been detected within the first 29 days of server first going online.

Downtime with a valid reason is ok; what is un-okay is making up excuses for it. Like I said, we'll keep our fingers crossed for the weeks to come. Earn your credibility by proving, within the next few months, that my/our skepticism today has been uncalled for.
      0 Not allowed!

We have other servers besides our Dallas server to base our great service on.
      0 Not allowed!

We have other servers besides our Dallas server to base our great service on.
    Indeed, but earlier you based your "prove of great service" on THIS server having been up for almost a month. I never invented anything new, only used your own declaration.

And great!! So, for me/us new Dallas clients who have nothing to base our trust on except our experience during the first week (during which there was downtime), it leaves for you to earn from me/us your trust. If you do succeed, I am sure I/we will have no qualms about coming back and backing you up 100%.

I do not wish to continue arguing and egging you on on your defensive stance; WHT readers, current clients and prospective clients can form their own understanding of this episode.
      0 Not allowed!

Can a mod please close this thread, it is obviously going nowhere.
      0 Not allowed!

Can a mod please close this thread, it is obviously going nowhere.
    With you as a "young entrepreneur" of between 16 and 23 years old who have just, on February 25, attended a seminar as part of the National Standards for Entrepreneurship Education, I can only hope that you would someday learn that pride usually does get in the way. But who am I anyway? Just a Dallas client who suffered downtime within week one of purchasing a package. No big deal. Though I wonder what Gene Reed or Kristin Crowe would think of this exchange.

If you had much, much earlier graciously accepted that the new server had exhibited downtime, that you cannot base "great service" on 27 days of uptime (as you did), and that new clients on Dallas have every right to feel uneasy, this episode would not have needed to be as protracted. As said, everybody can interprete as they would this episode - I will not need to continue in this particular discussion. Neither does the MOD have to close this unless there is a valid reason to. I think this is good information for everybody. I told you right from the start that I would fairly review you just as I did Remedyhosting and RisqueHosting. That is the purpose of this site. In fact, if any MOD were to contest the impartiality and relevance of my reviews, I would graciously accept my miscomings and renounce my membership on WHT.
    Last edited by drmaximus; 03-27-2004 at 03:29 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

drmaximus: This is a Network Outage Forum. Not a lets discuss the philosophy of downtime forum. Please take this discussion elsewhere.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Sheps
    drmaximus: This is a Network Outage Forum. Not a lets discuss the philosophy of downtime forum. Please take this discussion elsewhere.
    OK, I understand your post. Apt information posted in an unsuitable forum renders it unsuitable. I will continue the discussion elsewhere if necessary, although I trust that the general audience would be sufficiently equipped to make out their own impressions of this exchange. Period.
      0 Not allowed!