Small Fee Processors

Are there any CC processors that work on a pure % basis? We are thinking of offering some things but they would be very cheap and with most CC processors we would only make a few cents after there fees....

Greg

This is one of the inherent problems with using credit cards for micropayments. The will always be a processing fee involved (ie 20c). Services such as peppercoin or e-gold can effectively process micropayments.

Check out Payquake.com......they are close to what you are looking for.

PQ's transaction fee is as high as .50 plus 3.79% per transaction... I think Greg is looking for a company that ONLY charges a % rate due to his low average ticket size.

In this case, PQ would be a lot more expensive than even a mainstream merchant account structure due to the high per trans cost.

One alternative to credit card processing as a whole, however, might be to charge customers via ACH/e-checks which have a lower cost structure.

Or setup some kind of stored value approach whereby a customer pre-pays a certain amount and then sales are deducted from that pre-paid amount.

The tricky part about a % only structure is that Visa & MasterCard do have a per transaction cost as do processing networks, so it is hard for anyone to have a % only structure for a low ticket item that wouldn't cost more than the price offered.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

PayQuake charges at least 30 cents per non-swiped transaction. So, it's not really like what he wants.

I don't think there are any places that do what you want... I think per-trans fees are part of processing credit cards.

You might be able to find a place that does electronic checks with low per-trans fees, or just percentage fees.
    Jim Reardon - jim/amusive.com

ccavenue.com

One item of clarification... my assumption in this thread is that you are looking for an online processing solution for micropayments, which is probably the case.

However, retail merchants that fall into certain SIC codes (like restaurants, QSR's, etc.) can take advantage of some Interchange categories that have a lower transaction per item cost if they work with a processor who can support those.

That is one of the reasons that you are now seeing a lot of fast food chains start to promote credit card acceptance - the costs were lowed for those categories of business to make it cost effective for them to do so now.

Perhaps in the future, Visa/MC will offer some form of Small Ticket rate for E-Commerce... that would be nice to see as I definitely see this as an emerging market area.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

WOW...old thread Chris. That's not like you
    SuperWebHost.com, a Digitally Justified Company
    Celebrating our 9th year in Business

Proudly Hosting with CANADIAN bandwidth
    Managed Hosting, Multi-Domain Hosting, Colocation, Merchant Accounts

Yes, I hope these two can join forces and create a conjunction payment system for intenational e-commerce.

Haha - wow an almost 1 year old thread. I don't think cdccommerce was the initial one to bring it back though, I think another person replied and it got removed after Chris replied.

I didn't find anything and the idea went by the way side...
    Greg Lubbelinkhof