IIS 6 and IISDebugTool Help

I'm running IIS 6 on my machine and it crashes once a day. Now I downloaded and installed IISDebugTool from Microsoft. Can anyone tell me how to use it? If my IIS 6 crashes again, how can I track the cause in IISDebugTool log folder?

I have used both the IISDebugTool and the IISCrashHang Agent, I found the crash hang agent to be much more readable and easier to interpret what sites crashed when their request was made, if you install the crashhang agent it will tell you where to look for logs, and the IISdebugtool logs to c:\IISdebugtool\logs if I remember properly, the output it a bit cryptic

Originally posted by amd_duron
    I have used both the IISDebugTool and the IISCrashHang Agent, I found the crash hang agent to be much more readable and easier to interpret what sites crashed when their request was made, if you install the crashhang agent it will tell you where to look for logs, and the IISdebugtool logs to c:\IISdebugtool\logs if I remember properly, the output it a bit cryptic
    Thanks for your reply. So far I haven't find any logs in the log folder. I'm assuming that there is record recorded in the log if there is no crash occurred in IIS, am I right?

You said IIS crash normally cause by request from the user? Could it be a security issue? People might purposely send requests to my server and try to make my IIS crash?

Install iistracer

This will show you the pages that are hanging, or are refusing to close..

http://www.pstruh.cz/help/iistrace/iis-monitor.asp
    Reseller-Network.Com
    Hsphere, DirectAdmin, or Helm. Windows 2003 & Unix Reseller,Shared,and Dedicated Hosting.
    *Multi-Homed* *Usage-Based* *Adult Content Allowed*

Discusman,

With IISDebugTool you need to open a command window and run the debugger, it will have a long list of debug symbols it is going through, I have run it times it goes 30 seconds, and I have run it times it goes 45 minutes or more, and just as a note, it WILL make a full log that will be huge, 400MB-2GB should not be unexpected. I can't seem to find right off hand what the command line code you need to run the tool is.