Dedicated server webhosting

I recently started a web hosting business. I am currently reselling accounts on a shared server. As my business is growing, I want to know where I may go from here.

I have seen that many managed dedicated servers offer 1000 GB of bandwidth. My current provider also offers dedicated server options. If I sell hosting accounts that offer monthly plans of 20GB, does that mean I can only have 50 accounts per server?

Is a managed dedicated server the best solution? Generally what do web hosting businesses do?

Good day,

I have seen that many managed dedicated servers offer 1000 GB of bandwidth. My current provider also offers dedicated server options. If I sell hosting accounts that offer monthly plans of 20GB, does that mean I can only have 50 accounts per server?
    If each account uses up to 20GB bandwidth per month, yes, the maximum accounts you can host on a 1TB bandwidth server is 50 accounts. Also, some providers are doing 50/50 split on bandwidth, which means a 1TB bandwidth will have 500GB in and 500GB out.

Is a managed dedicated server the best solution? Generally what do web hosting businesses do?
    If you are unsure of managing the server yourself, yes, it is best to get a managed server. If you are seeking something with complete solution, look for a server admin

Thanks and hope that helps.
    SecureAX Singapore - Virtualization, Private Cloud Computing & Managed Datacenter in Singapore
    - Managed Virtual Private Servers, Dedicated Servers & Colocation Services in Singapore
    - Gigabit backbone at Equinix Singapore, Telstra SGCS2 & Telin Datacenters with Private Link for Disaster Recovery setup

If you have already created a solid customerbase and the potential clients fit into the "specs" of that customerbase, then you should know better which allocations to use when calculating the maximum number of clients per server.