Payment Proccessor

I've been looking at several proccessors but haven't really found one that fits my needs right now. I was looking at authorize.net combined with a merchant account, but the fees alone for that are around a minimum of $60/month.

Currently, I'm using Paypal, but I don't like how a) it takes the client from our site to their site instead of allowing us to integrate their payment form into our site and b) requires the user to signup for a paypal account.

2Checkout looks pretty nice, however I read that they don't use an API and the user is taken to the 2checkout site for payment processing instead of staying at my site.

So I'm looking for a payment processor that has an API, that doesn't require the client to signup for one of their accounts in order to make a payment, and will keep the client completely on our page w/o going to the third party's website.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Well, I personally use ClientExec bundled with PayPal and CDGCommerce. ClientExec allows integration into my site and loads of other features, it allows people to alternately use PayPal, and lastly will integrate with the auth.net gateway CDG provides. CE is only $100, and its ~$25/mo for CDG. I believe that's what you would need.

I was looking at authorize.net combined with a merchant account, but the fees alone for that are around a minimum of $60/month.
    Im curious - where are you seeing fees at a minimum of $60/month?

There are a lot of different processors (resellers) that offer Authorizenet.com. Keep clicking on some of those links to see about getting a better rate.

There isn't any reason to have to pay ~$60/month for your own merchant account & gateway.

In fact, you don't even have to pay nearly 1/2 that with a number of options available on the market today.

My advice is to find a merchant processor that charges a low or free setup, offers a no monthly minimum program without any termination fees or annual fees... and then use a package like ClientExec, WhoisCart, WHMAP or ModernBill with it.

Some payment gateways also offer fully automated recurring billing at no additional cost as well, so that is an option available as well.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

2Checkout looks pretty nice, however I read that they don't use an API and the user is taken to the 2checkout site for payment processing instead of staying at my site.
    All third-party systems will require your customer's to visit their website so they can perform their own anti-fraud screening techniques. They will not permit you to collect the credit card details yourself. If you want to do this, you will have to apply for your own merchant account.

It is also for that very same reason that 3rd party processors don't include a virtual terminal, as do typical gateways that utilize true merchant accounts.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!