View Poll Results: How much did you spend on your webdesign?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • "Free" - $10 (All done in house, no stock photos bought)

34 38.20%
  • Less than $50

10 11.24%
  • $50-150

8 8.99%
  • $150-500

15 16.85%
  • $500-$1500

12 13.48%
  • $1500-$5000

4 4.49%
  • $5000-$10000

3 3.37%
  • More than $10000

3 3.37%

How much did you spend on your webdesign?

There was a reason thread about getting a $5,000 webdesign. I just wanted to see the breakdown.

I've put in $250 for mine, which is currently in a contest . Some pretty nice designs coming out too.

The actual design was done in house (excluding any stock photography). I wouldn't call it free though; time equals money and we put a lot of time into the site and the backend systems

-Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    http://shaun.net

HTTPme cost $87/yr for the VB licence.

I had a graphic design friend of mine create the site layout/template (all unique, he rendered the server image in the upper right himself) for free. I host his sites for free.

Then one of my other customers implemented my site into their MXR (MaXimum Reality) CMS package in exchange for putting a "powered by MXR" thing on the site, and getting a link in my partners page.

Social engineering/networking has its benefits.

I wouldn't call it free though; time equals money and we put a lot of time into the site and the backend systems
    going by this logic my sites are very expensive. if it is not what i want i will throw design after design away till i am happy.
    Alvin

Originally posted by alvinks
    going by this logic my sites are very expensive. if it is not what i want i will throw design after design away till i am happy.
    Similar to our companies policy where you only pay half the quoted price and then we will design a website. If teh customer is not happy then we re-design it till they are. The other half is paid and we deliver the site.

Works well on customer satisfaction!

0$
    Im learing the trade, both html/php serverside and the server it self.
    using gallery as a backend, then programmed from there.

Yes, even though you make the site it costs money no matter what. Buying the software, looking for photos you can use, and most importantly designing it. Time is money, so if you think about it your actually paying what it costs to have on designed (if you count the time and effort.) In mosts cases you save a lot of money by doing it yourself, but there is a risk, making an uneffective design.

Originally posted by amish_geek
    I had a graphic design friend of mine create the site layout/template (all unique, he rendered the server image in the upper right himself) for free. I host his sites for free.

Then one of my other customers implemented my site into their MXR (MaXimum Reality) CMS package in exchange for putting a "powered by MXR" thing on the site, and getting a link in my partners page.

Social engineering/networking has its benefits.

Your site looks very nice. I like sites that are simple and clean... good job.

In theory, $0, because I designed it. In reality, around $2,000. Plus another $3,000 to $5,000 for another site to be open soon.
    Nokhrin - http://www.nokhrin.com/
    ~ e-commerce application development

FREEEEEE!

I desgned ours... I would normally spend upto a thousand on one if i had to though
    Off Topic Web Forum - A forum for talking about anything!!
    N.Z. Webmaster Community - Are you from New Zealand? Well signup to our forum!!!!

I designed one myself, then paid around $200 for a new one to be designed, plus a separate logo for the old template and then a full coding revamp that I did. So if you factor in time, probably closer to $500.

Whatever it cost me in beer and snacks while I was designing it myself.

I house here. If you look at the time spent, it adds up pretty quick.
    Primal Blue Software, Inc.
    primalblue.com

I bought a basic unique template and heavily modified it myself. ~$50. I'm sure the designer would recognize it easily enough, but I reworked almost every aspect of it eventually.

I've done this a few times, and I'm pretty happy with the process.

Current design for Vilitas.com:

- Zero $
    - Many many hours.
    - One email asking for permission to use the icons.
    <!-- boo! -->

Gotta love KDE. I've always wanted to formulate a poll here about why more hosting people don't use Linux on the desktop. Aside from my wife's Photoshop/video editing workstation, I'm 100% Linux.

It's even more interesting from the perspective that a good percentage of us host on Linux/BSD.