Suggestions for cheap reliable hosting?

One of the hosting companies I use apparently just went out of business. My web page is hosted on two hosting companies just in case something like this happens. The one that is working is great. I have 100MB of space/2GB of download per month for $3.5. They have Instant messaging for support as well as e-mail support.

I'm looking for another cheap and reliable hosting company like this one.

Thanks

Hey boe_d, I am currently with Ipaska.com and I have not had a site outtage with them, or at least my monitoring software has not caught one . The pings are great and my problems are answered usually within 2 hours or less.

Also, be sure to use the search feature of this forum and check the many other host recommendations others have had.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

answered usually within 2 hours or less.
    It's very big time for answer if he is looking for web hosting provider that offers AIM or ICQ support.

He doesn't make any mention of wanting live support, most people would consider a 2 hour response for general support issues good enough, especially on a just a small, shared plan.
    Hyperconfused (™)

More details.

I would like a US hosting company. I would like the MS Messenger or AOL messenger for support. Ideally, I'd like a company that has been in business for 3 or more years.

Have a search at google and then read a review at WHT... seems the easy way as you have your requirements very clear
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

You could also try the quote feature here:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

How popular is it for hosts to offer IM support 24/7? Last I checked IM wasn't that secure of a communication medium...
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Some hosts (such as myself) are small operations, however, we try to tailor our hours to be available for the majority of our customers.

As far as IM support, that's really up to each host. Some hosts actually prefer trouble tickets for documentation purposes, some will only do email support, some do forum support, some do IM support, some do telephone support, some do chat support. It's all a matter of what's available to that host, and what they're willing to offer in support.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

WHT doesn't allow hosting requests here, but there are hosts that offer IM support. I would go with one of these, because you can get to know them which makes it more likely that you can trust them.
    Adventures in Parenting.org - Are you a parent? Listen to the free podcast and sign up for the newsletter!

Has anyone thought about SMS support.. I know a guy who is planning to offer it.. isn't it cool?
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

No, it's a waste of money.

I've had experiance with http://doteasy.com before
    I became a web hoster myself.

They're uptimes were pretty "standard", nothing special to note;
    for a brief peroid of about half a month, give or take, it seemed
    my site would go out for 45-mins or so before coming back up.

As well, they're support IS useful and very helpfull,
    but on adverage it took about 35-hours for each question to be
    answered, as well as each reply to be replied to.
    Last edited by Jonathan S; 03-26-2004 at 03:30 AM.

try www.onemillionhost.com

they offer very cheap web hosting . only $8.88/yr
    and they have online messenger support also

why dont you go to the other host that is still not out of business.

If you dont want to move your site frequently, have a better host.

Originally posted by NeonHQ
    why dont you go to the other host that is still not out of business.

If you dont want to move your site frequently, have a better host.
    People don't take the sensible approach. Instead of paying $100USD/year for a host they would rather pay $20. Going through 5 hosts during that year period due to unreliable service, the host going out of business etc.

The thing that amuses me all these requests for 5gb of space 200gb of transfer for $100/year. It's not so much what resources they are chasing but the actual use. Vaery rarely do these sites even use more than 10gb of traffic.

But as the saying goes the more the merrier I guess.

People don't take the sensible approach. Instead of paying $100USD/year for a host they would rather pay $20.
    Sounds right! But such is the nature of the most people

i use e-rice and they seem pretty stable. cheap but response time is not that fast.
    http://forum.sumrise.com All About China Forum: trips, business, stocks and more!

Onemillionhost.com do have very fast response. sometimes they response my email in 1-2 mins. probably they still new. I don't know what's gonna in next couple of month. They said they will be able to survive for least couple years. but now i'm very happy with the price and support. I think it's worth it.

Well any company will tell you that , I don't see many saying we will be out of business in 3 weeks
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

Originally posted by MN-Robert
    People don't take the sensible approach. Instead of paying $100USD/year for a host they would rather pay $20. Going through 5 hosts during that year period due to unreliable service, the host going out of business etc.

The thing that amuses me all these requests for 5gb of space 200gb of transfer for $100/year. It's not so much what resources they are chasing but the actual use. Vaery rarely do these sites even use more than 10gb of traffic.

But as the saying goes the more the merrier I guess.
    Agree on the 10 gb... I host several sites with my hosting company... I get a lot of traffic, but have never went over 10 gb of transfer in a month. I have 30 to play with. When I helped a partner with his site last month, I noticed he had only used 3 gb... when he got his account last year he insisted he needed at least 20 gb!

My guess is the customers will look until they find the perfect cheap host... I looked for several years and never found my perfect cheap host... although I did ultimately find the perfect host.
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!