Thread: bin.org

bin.org

Is it true three char names are automatically of value?

Most 3 letter domains are of value, but necessarily 3 characters. Unless it has a special meaning of course, like ps3.com etc.

3 letter domains are of great value. Domains like xqy.com are worth less then domains like bux.com, but they are all several hundreds of dollars (some thousands)

The poster above me means 3 character names are "not" necessarily good value... This means xi3.com and j2q.com will be worth < reg fee unless they have meaning.

And bin.org is all letters, and is a word. So it should have decent value.

bin.org - at least a few hundred $, could reach into 4 figures if somebody had a use for it.

Originally posted by interneat
    3 letter domains are of great value. Domains like xqy.com are worth less then domains like bux.com, but they are all several hundreds of dollars (some thousands)

The poster above me means 3 character names are "not" necessarily good value... This means xi3.com and j2q.com will be worth < reg fee unless they have meaning.
    Yes, I actually meant "not".

Thanks, for correcting.

had it been a .com or .net it would have definantly been in the 4 figure and upwards but .org is such a let down..... It could fetch somewhere in the 3 figures maybe 4 as that member said..

Yeah, the sad thing is, when I ordered it all three were available and I picked .org

your joking!!!!!! You must have had it for years then! If only you picked the .com just emagine bin.com thats probably worth a good few thousand, I imagine.

few thousand? Heh ... think about five-six figures, at least, if not seven figures, for 3 character .com
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

wahoo, thats a shame..... if he was ordering domains the time when bin.com was still arround just emagine what orther domains he had the chance to register.......

Well , I was but I did not pick up bin.org till 1998, when someone let all three bin. drop at the same time.
    I have had bbin.com since 1993 for example.