hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Other Forums : Web Hosting Lounge : staying out of world politics wont stop terrorism

Forum Jump

staying out of world politics wont stop terrorism

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Lounge Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-25-2004, 09:51 AM
cloud beats dedicated ;)

staying out of world politics wont stop terrorism

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/europe...omb/index.html

appears they have problems too and they have taken a non interfereance stance.

Isn't it time to get off of dedicateds?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2004, 10:41 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Terrorism has always existed and will always exist. Since when has France stayed out of world politics and taken a "non interfereance " stance towards terrorism :-/ .

Old 03-25-2004, 10:54 AM
Older than the Internet

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric Cartman
Terrorism has always existed and will always exist.

No, terrorism has not "always existed". But I am taking you a little too literally here, I know.
Quote:
Since when has France stayed out of world politics and taken a "non interfereance " stance towards terrorism :-/ .
That's the issue that's hot in the aussie press now, with is Australia a greater terrorist target, since our involvement in the Iraq war. I say yes, of course we're most probably higher on some wacko terrorist list, but I don't see France as a non player in this, or immuned from these lunatic extremists.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2004, 10:56 AM
cloud beats dedicated ;)

ummm let me count the ways

Quote:
Originally posted by Eric Cartman
Terrorism has always existed and will always exist. Since when has France stayed out of world politics and taken a "non interfereance " stance towards terrorism :-/ .
lets see - iraq, etc etc

I think its apparent that there is a large home to terrorists in iraq as well as the surrounding countries- t hey are now terrorizing their own peoples.

I dont see france jumping in to help.

I could go dig up the old france threads. - but I think people can search on their own.

This is really going to take a crackdown a fundamental change in the islamic state countries to get this pervasive thouhgt process under control.

otherwise there is going to be a continued blood loss in my opinion which stinks.

who knows how many brilliant people, ideas and things we are losing with every death.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Re: ummm let me count the ways

Quote:
Originally posted by sailor
lets see - iraq, etc etc
iraq had nothing to do with terrorism

Quote:
I think its apparent that there is a large home to terrorists in iraq as well as the surrounding countries- t hey are now terrorizing their own peoples.

I dont see france jumping in to help.
why should they jump in? Maybe the US should hand it over to the Iraqis togheter with probably some UN peace keeping forces.

Quote:

This is really going to take a crackdown a fundamental change in the islamic state countries to get this pervasive thouhgt process under control.
Like 90% of the arabs prolly condemn these terrorist activities just like they condamn western terrorism commited to them.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:27 AM
cloud beats dedicated ;)

Re: Re: ummm let me count the ways

Originally posted by Eric Cartman [/i]
iraq had nothing to do with terrorism

ummm yeah they did -t hey were harboring groups and funding groups - they also were in serious terrorism agains their own people. is this ok as long as its their own people? I dont think so. the guy was bad news - any one who does not agree - is sanctioning theformal murder of tens of thousands of people and supporting a hitler like gassing and mass genocide of people. do you suppor this ?? I hope not. I think you probably are abhorred by the very thought and simply mistated something.

why should they jump in? Maybe the US should hand it over to the Iraqis togheter with probably some UN peace keeping forces.

yeah - that would go real well - then the country would collapse and become a completly terrorist run state with the power vacuum. lets send "some forces over". partially commit and then lose. I dont think so. go to war to win.
The us made this mistake in afghanistan after supporting bin laden and the majahadeen against Russia when we were still at odds with them. This mistake will not occur again. If the rest of the world wants the us out - then step up to the plate with real $$ and troop commitments and come play - then you will see the US start to withdraw significant presence. we will not however just pull hoping the other wishy washy leadership will pick up the slack.
that would be disastrous. offer a real solution - dont just complain about the problem.

Like 90% of the arabs prolly condemn these terrorist activities just like they condamn western terrorism commited to them.
yeah that is really funny - do you worry about getting gunned down when you come to visit us in the US because you are islamic? I dont think so. seems to me there is some serious racism and religious biggotry going on in the extremist groups and their governments either cant or wont control them. you see - in other parts of the world - I can go have dinner and agreat time with a jewish , hindu and islamic friend and everything is all good.

Old 03-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Web Hosting Evangelist

Re: Re: Re: ummm let me count the ways

Quote:

ummm yeah they did -t hey were harboring groups and funding groups -
this is so not true, i really want to see where you get this nonsense

Hell the official reason was: WMD

Quote:

they also were in serious terrorism agains their own people. is this ok as long as its their own people? I dont think so.
he sure did, he was a great US ally back then (same people who are now in control). They even responded by increasing aid towards him after the Halabja massacre.

The US/Britain administrated UN sanctions in the 90's have killed some 500 000 thousand Iraqi children and strenghtend Saddams regime. Is that okay?
That's probably the best result of the war on Iraq, that the sanctions are finally gone.

Quote:

the guy was bad news - any one who does not agree - is sanctioning theformal murder of tens of thousands of people and supporting a hitler like gassing and mass genocide of people. do you suppor this ?? I hope not. I think you probably are abhorred by the very thought and simply mistated something.
i never supported it, cheney, rumsfeld, powell etc supported it.

Quote:

yeah - that would go real well - then the country would collapse and become a completly terrorist run state with the power vacuum. lets send "some forces over". partially commit and then lose. I dont think so. go to war to win.
The us made this mistake in afghanistan after supporting bin laden and the majahadeen against Russia when we were still at odds with them. This mistake will not occur again. If the rest of the world wants the us out - then step up to the plate with real $$ and troop commitments and come play - then you will see the US start to withdraw significant presence. we will not however just pull hoping the other wishy washy leadership will pick up the slack.
atleast you're being honest here, that you're in favor of a government that is in the interest of the US and not in the first place the Iraqi population . So a second saddam would be good for you?

Quote:

yeah that is really funny - do you worry about getting gunned down when you come to visit us in the US because you are islamic? I dont think so. seems to me there is some serious racism and religious biggotry going on in the extremist groups and their governments either cant or wont control them. you see - in other parts of the world - I can go have dinner and agreat time with a jewish , hindu and islamic friend and everything is all good.
Palestinians can't even be sure if their house will still exist tomorrow (Israeli bulldozer can just take it down).

Ow yeah go out to a restaurant in Uzbekistan (regime comparable to saddam) it's a great US ally.

Old 03-25-2004, 04:47 PM
cloud beats dedicated ;)

any others

Eric and I seem to be monopolizing this thread (thanks eric for the good spirited debate )

any other comments from any one else??

Old 03-25-2004, 04:57 PM
Aspiring Evangelist

people die all the time. in Rwanda 800,000 people died. Let us say this again. 800,000 people died and we did practically nothing. Clinton did not want to risk any lives after what happened in Mogadishu (ie Black Hawk Down).

In my humble opinion the cost we spent does not equal what we got out of attacking Iraq.

--No WMDs found (should he not have used them since he was being attacked?)
--The world certainly is not one hair safer. (wasn't this the goal?)
--Al Qaeda still has camps in Afghan /Pakistan border (weren't they the original target?)

However, what is done is done and we now need to look at the future. We need to do all we can to make sure Iraq does not tumble down the path of darkness. The first step is greater nation involvement, this is too expensive for us to take care of ourselves.

Old 03-25-2004, 05:00 PM
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Bob

I say yes, of course we're most probably higher on some wacko terrorist list, but I don't see France as a non player in this, or immuned from these lunatic extremists. [/B]
In the Al-Queda video admitting to the recent bombings in Madrid they gave quite a long list of the reasons Spain was targetted, obviously it's involvement in Iraq, but also many of which go back decades to Spains interference with various Islamic countries, given France is only topped by the UK and US when it comes to sticking it's nose into the middle east, it is always going to be a target.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted