Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Update..

  1. #1

    Update..

    Hello everyone here at the lovely WHT Forums, I am the nub that started his own webhosting company and was flamed for doing so. Anyway heres an update on my status. My linux (something i dont know anything about) server was setup with ensim pro, I have my website up and rolling. I currently have 20 domains on my server and it is paid for. I have had 0 complaints 0 unhappy customers, and 20 happy ones. So I guess that kinda means that anyone can do it..

    Well at least until I run into problems anyway..

    But I do have friends to help if I need them.

    Your friend,
    ChokEy

    P.S. If you dont care, dont reply..

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    215


    I bet the MySQL database that powers WHT is screaming... "Give me back the back the bytes used by this thread!!"

    P.S. - I look forward to Update #2

  3. #3
    More power to ya. Many will tell you "you can't do it". Don't listen to them.

    Let these words of Theodore Roosevelt inspire you:

    "It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face in marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat."

  4. #4
    Originally posted by nuclear


    I bet the MySQL database that powers WHT is screaming... "Give me back the back the bytes used by this thread!!"

    P.S. - I look forward to Update #2
    haha that was a good one

    also thanks for those encouraging words SmallKahuna.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Montreal, Quebec
    Posts
    589
    What is your plan for when your server will get compromised and that all your customer's data will be gone ?

    What will you do when your server will get disconnected because you host a spammer for 2 months already and didn't know it because you don't know how to monitor mail ?

    What will you do when apache will die and will not want to start backup up via CPanel ?

    What will you tell your customers when their website gets defaced once a week ?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sofia
    Posts
    1,349
    ChokEy, hi

    I've got very curious why do you call 1000Mb space with 50 subdomains for $ 39.39 mo/ a "Real Damn Good Reseller Package"?

    Are you reselling sub-domains?
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brit in Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    71
    It's easy to for some people to start barking at you for not having vast experience, but often 'learning on the job under pressure' is the fastest route to competence.

    Nearly 10 years ago I landed a job as a UNIX Sysadmin, at the time I only had MS and a little C experience - it didn't take long to make the transition into my new role, I just bought a bucket load of books and 'reverse destroyed' development machines to see how much I could get away with!

    Good for you, and I wish you continued success with your venture.

  8. #8
    Originally posted by Imago
    ChokEy, hi

    I've got very curious why do you call 1000Mb space with 50 subdomains for $ 39.39 mo/ a "Real Damn Good Reseller Package"?

    Are you reselling sub-domains?
    that is a typo, thanks for pointing that out

    QUOTE]Originally posted by illogix
    What is your plan for when your server will get compromised and that all your customer's data will be gone ?

    What will you do when your server will get disconnected because you host a spammer for 2 months already and didn't know it because you don't know how to monitor mail ?

    What will you do when apache will die and will not want to start backup up via CPanel ?

    What will you tell your customers when their website gets defaced once a week ?
    [/QUOTE]

    1. What is your plan for when your server will get compromised and that all your customer's data will be gone ?

    2. who said i didnt know how to monitor email?

    3. i dont have cpanel i have ensim, also i have a couple linux gurus available when i need them, 2nd i have you guys <3
    Last edited by flatlyimpressed; 03-25-2004 at 03:09 AM.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sofia
    Posts
    1,349
    Welcome! pay also attention to "free setup"... for $4.99, etc.
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

  10. #10
    Originally posted by Imago
    Welcome! pay also attention to "free setup"... for $4.99, etc.
    there are no setup fees, that is just a bug in the shopping cart app, if you click through the ordering process you will see.. also its not 4.99 its 4.44

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sofia
    Posts
    1,349
    Yes, i've seen it is corrected in your cart. It is on the home page you say you offer free setup, then declare a price for the setup with each plan. Or I am not getting something?
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

  12. #12
    the cart calls it a setup fee no idea why, im trying to look into the code so i can change it, and as soon as i do it wont say that anymore

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •