Thread: Question

Question

I know this is kind of broad, but can someone help me out with tying my website into my server?

Here are the details:

I am trying to host my website, and I have a cable connection with a dynamic IP address (It rarely changes, it's like once a year, or when I reset my modem). I have a domain name from godaddy.com, and I got my DNS hosting from zoneedit.com, but I don't know how to tie all that information into my server. I am running Windows 2000 Server on my computer and I can't seem to figure out what to use to tie the information in.

And also, I'm kind of new to all this. This is my first web site I have hosted.

Any help would be GREATLY appriciated.

Just pay $8-$15 a month for hosting and your headaches are over.

I tried that suggestion the other day. He wants to run IIS at his house via RoadRunner.

Yep. But I recently got a copy of Windows 2003 Server, and I am seriously thinking that I should switch to that, simply because they have a better interface and I think I may get better results with that.

Any suggestions?

As an MCSE I can honestly say -- FreeBSD and Apache!

OK. If all you want is to play with IIS and your windows box then I would just find out what your IP is, change from using port 80, and use the Godaddy control panel and have your domain redirect via URL Framing to your IP & Port.

1) You don't need zoneedit.
    2) Buy yourself a HW firewall before you get smack.

0wn3d

PM sent