Thread: Logo

Logo

We had ANMMark do two draft logo designs for us.

Draft #1
    http://www.priorahost.com/logo.gif

Draft #2
    http://www.priorahost.com/logo2.gif

Personally, I love draft #2. It shows exactly what we want which is to represent how we treat our customers, and that is with respect and priority.

Any suggestions would be great!

Yup, #2's the keeper. Both are good logo's, but number 2 has a more professional custom look to it

#1 looks like alot of similar logo's, with the balls and whatnot...lol

I agree - I'm liking number 2
    Something witty here...

First one is old school, abused Swoosh Style logo.

It is always risky using images to represent people in a logo unless it is obvious that the image does not represent any one gender or color or race. The second one in my opion fails in this respect because it depicts an image that is obviously a male.

The design is professional looking but do you want to take the risk of potentially alienating 50% of the population?

It is your call

Simon

I agree with number 2, though I think that font is a little difficult to read at that size...maybe I'm too critical, but it's something to keep in mind if you plan on doing a sized down version including that text.

Jason
    http://www.charlottezweb.com
    HOSTING your livelihood

Andrej, how long ago did you contract with Anmmark?

I ordered two logos months ago to be designed and to this day.
    I have never heard from him again after giving him the details.

I sent follow up emails but never heard back from him.

Originally posted by actnow
    Andrej, how long ago did you contract with Anmmark?

I ordered two logos months ago to be designed and to this day.
    I have never heard from him again after giving him the details.

I sent follow up emails but never heard back from him.
    It took him almost two months for mine but he did deliver. He didn't respond to my emails so I had written off the payment as a loss but then he did email apologizing for the delay and delivering my logo. I believe he got in over his head with a poorly managed $10 logo promotion and he became swamped but I'm sure he will deliver your logo eventually.

I like #2 a lot better than #1. If I were you thats the one that I would choose.
    Adam Clement

Both of them are nice, but I'll have to side with everyone else on #2.

I agree with the majority of responses and think that version #2 is more suitable for your company.

However, I would say that the symbol needs to be more proportional to the text.

The logos are simply drafts. I'll be receiving them as vector and as a photoshop file so I could edit them easily.

It did take a while to receive the draft but I am pleased with the result. As for the people, no race is involved nor gender. A women can wear a business suit.

Both look fine, but there's a small problem with the color used. The two shades of blue (or black and blue) aren't a pretty good choice for a catchy logo, unless integrated in a contrasting design.

These two colors are both cold colors, so be carefull how and where you use them
    Lorand R. Minyo
    Co-Founder @ Neveli

I actually really like the color scheme used.

Originally posted by Andrej
    The logos are simply drafts. I'll be receiving them as vector and as a photoshop file so I could edit them easily.

It did take a while to receive the draft but I am pleased with the result. As for the people, no race is involved nor gender. A women can wear a business suit.
    Sure a woman can wear a business suit....but with shoulder pads like that it must be Joan Collins

Simon

have to go with the second one, tho the first looks great also.

Originally posted by arpmn
    It took him almost two months for mine...
    TWO MONTHS?!!! You gotta be kiddin'?
    Logo Design Vector Conversion Print
    eagleimagery.co.uk
    UK Business Labs Forum - The chemistry in B2B

Originally posted by EagleImagery
    Yes...it was all the saatch & Saatchi brain storming and story boarding sessions.

Simon

Originally posted by EagleImagery
    I'm sorry it was one month! I paid on 02-06-04 and he delivered the logo on 03-06-04 so one month to the day. I went back and checked.

Originally posted by arpmn
    I'm sorry it was one month! I paid on 02-06-04 and he delivered the logo on 03-06-04 so one month to the day. I went back and checked.
    And that is better than two months?

Simon

Simon, what do you expect for $10!

Originally posted by Mekhu
    Simon, what do you expect for $10!
    Just the service thats offered

The price should not even enter the equation.

If you can't provide the service for the price then don't provide the service. EASY

Simon

Originally posted by SimonMc
    And that is better than two months?

Simon
    No it's not better but I wanted to be clear so I am not accused of exaggerating.

I agree with the two other posts...yes it was only 10 bucks thus the reason I wasn't too pushy but after a few weeks without word I emailed. Once I didn't hear back I assumed I was ripped off since it was only 10 bucks I didn't worry about it much.

I agree with the other two posts and I'm realistic if I'm paying 10 bucks I don't expect the world for that amount so I'm pretty laid back but as simon indicated I did pay for a logo and if you can't handle the work load then don't commit to it be it $10 or $1,000.

To be fair Anmmark admittedly got in over his head with that promotion and I believe he learned how not to run a promotion. He apologized and delivered the logo. No harm done.