what's better, an integrated NIC or a cheap non integrated one?

The integrated one is a Dell Broadcom 440x 10-100 and the other one is a VIA Rhine III Fast Ethernet Adapter.

does it really matter for a DSL thing (735 kbs) with router? Which one should I enable?

both will be exactly the same from the users point of view. I suppose intergrated NIC removed the bottleneck that the PCI Bus creates, but for a measly 100 Mbps it makes no difference, if your not going to use the second card you should probably just take it out

I was thinking of taking it out, but, in case the router fails or something I might have to go back to the direct Verizon setup. Disabling and leaving it the cable on to prevent the dust is probably just as good.

I'm the user by the way, this is a home setup

Originally posted by Bub Host
    both will be exactly the same from the users point of view. I suppose intergrated NIC removed the bottleneck that the PCI Bus creates, but for a measly 100 Mbps it makes no difference, if your not going to use the second card you should probably just take it out

I have both (Since I had an extra network card) Reason why I put another one in is because most of the Linux Live disks don't read the on-board network card automatically. Takes a little time to configure it so I put in an extra PCI card in for when I do boot up in Linux Live.
    Don't look for a way out.

my in-house server has 3 NIC's, 1 for connection to my LAN, another one for connection to my secondary LAN, and one as backup