* nothing better than a good old trackball mouse.....

I have 1 optical mouse and 1 optical wireless mouse, and I have to say both suck compared to my good old trackball mouse.

They jump around and glitch, and they aren't as smooth around the screen as my trackball mouse...

What do you guys think? I've just ended up using my old mouse

I'm not a fan of wireless. I would like to find one that has a good range though so I could make use of my TV out.

Right now my computer is too far away.

Originally posted by blue27
    I'm not a fan of wireless. I would like to find one that has a good range though so I could make use of my TV out.

Right now my computer is too far away.
    actually thats the only good thing about my wireless mouse, the range is great I can go into another room of my house and it still works

What brand/model is it? My MS wireless optical sucks...

I also tend to stick with wired for my gaming PC, as wireless is a bit slower (higher latency).

My father-in-law swears by trackballs... nasty things in my opinion. I'll stick with an optical with a 'tail' any day.
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

I have a good old Mouseman Dual Optical (Logitech). I love it. I was at Frys last night and saw they came out with a Mouseman Wireless.

Wireless is nice if you don't have some ducttape available.
    Don't look for a way out.

Originally posted by binaris
    What brand/model is it? My MS wireless optical sucks...

I also tend to stick with wired for my gaming PC, as wireless is a bit slower (higher latency).
    It's a Logitech blue and silver one and it takes 2 Double A's.

My computers are at one end of the house, and this mouse will still work in the kitchen, which is about 4 rooms away

Only annoying thing is higher latency, glitching and it eats through the batteries within a month

Anything > trackball

Logitech MX > *

Trackballs? Ugh, I've got one of those somewhere, it's clear and it makes different colors when you move it. I used it for Linux for about a year, and now I have this grudge on Linux because I think Trackball...guh!

"Wireless is for if you don't have ducttape on hand."

Ehh... just take care of your stuff, and you'll never need duct tape.

trackballs offer the smoothest performance and I hardly ever clean mine.....I use both trackball and optical, both are for different things I guess

I tried a trackball after someone gave it to me. (MS trackball) Didn't like it so I sold is for something around $30. I love my MouseMan. I was looking at the MX900 and I tested it, didn't like the button setup. I'm sure I'll order the MouseMan wireless when it goes on sale to store away.
    Don't look for a way out.