Question Next turn: Can somebody there trust Ikobo?

I register my new Ikobo account last week, but they blocked my account after my 1st payment
    and asked me to fax them some personal info - driver license copy etc.
    They won't to said me about reason...

Is it safe to give my personal information to Ikobo?
    Somebody here have same skills with Ikobo?
    If so please share it with me

And one more question: mypaysystems - who used them? Do I have to send them my info too?
    Regards,
    SAV

Originally posted by coreybryant
    Here is a thread dealing with paysystems & the information: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=251513
    Yes, but there are nothing about Ikobo...
    Regards,
    SAV

No there isn't, but it's a similar situation and it doesn't hurt to read.
    TradeViceroy

I was only answering your second question. As far as Ikobo, I have seen the spammers saying they are good but I have seen a few other forums in which people have complained about not getting the card, money disappearing & reappearing in the accounts, and customer service very lacking, even laughing at some of their customers.

Hmm....
    Thanks to all!

Nothing new for me, I just see it's difficult a bit to choose payment system, specially for non-US residents

Well... now after that I'm going to close my 'new' Ikobo account and will try something else:

- 2Checkout?
    - MyPaysystems?
    - Moneybookers?
    - Close my business at all?
    - Start my own banking?
    Regards,
    SAV

Regarding iKobo... we've used it to make payments and it has worked well.

The only beef we have had is that their customer service is non-existent and I think they are going through some very bad growing pains. It took forever to get a simple limit increase done.
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

Originally posted by cdgcommerce
    Regarding iKobo... we've used it to make payments and it has worked well.
    Have you send them drivers license or something else?
    Can you recommend me send them my documents copyes?

The only beef we have had is that their customer service is non-existent and I think they are going through some very bad growing pains. It took forever to get a simple limit increase done.
    Now I know...
    Regards,
    SAV

If memory serves, we had to send them a utility bill and part of a credit card statement to prove possession of the card. Which was fine with me... I just wish it didn't take so darn long for them to process it.
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!

cdgcommerce, do you used Ikobo for sendind money or for receiving too?
    If for 2nd - how long it takes to get their ATM card?
    Some peoples here in forum sai it's a problem to get Icobo card - how about you?
    Regards,
    SAV

SAV there is a quote from iKobo's website: iKobo has made some changes to the shipping prices
    3-5 business days for only $19.95 &
    8-10 business days for free shipping if you are sending to US, Canada, Europe, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Thailand, The Philippines, and India.

I live in Romania and I have to say that it arrived in 6 business days from the time I received the money in my iKobo account.

mentos, i couldnt see that quote, please can you give me the url of it?

Originally posted by mentos
    SAV there is a quote from iKobo's website: iKobo has made some changes to the shipping prices
    3-5 business days for only $19.95 &
    8-10 business days for free shipping if you are sending to US, Canada, Europe, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Thailand, The Philippines, and India.

I live in Romania and I have to say that it arrived in 6 business days from the time I received the money in my iKobo account.
    Thank you mentos, I know it.
    But it is promices... I would like to know real info
    Regards,
    SAV

sav, as I told you my iKard arrived in Romania in 6 business days. It really depends on the place you live.

fcarsenal here is the url you asked for :
    ikobo.com/ikobo.cgi?action=info_presskit#

now everyone that has an account on PayPal can use iKobo to send his money everywhere in the world where iKobo has coverage (170 countries). check iKobo site for more details.

Originally posted by coreybryant
    Here is an interesting piece written by gringolerdo:
    http://www.small-business-forum.com/...p?t=663&page=4
    Yes, it is very interesting, thank you coreybryant!
    And it was very informative for me to read it
    Specialy now when I have some skills in 'verification' with m****b*****... ... I won't to repeat it with *****.com

Well... I still have no way to recieve small amount of funds...
    ...searching.... nothing...
    Regards,
    SAV

In answer to a question posed earlier in this thread, we've only used iKobo to -send-, never to -receive-. And its worked fine, with the exception of the time it took to get our credit line increased.

Also, it looks like there is a new iKobo feature available now:
    "Personal accounts – use your PayPal balance to send money via iKobo, Inc. to your family and friends and we will send them an i-Kard."

The only country in the world after which an ocean is named.
    mentos I think that you are either an ikobo employee or an
    affiliate.

Nowhere have you mentioned your website. I have seen you in many forums, always you refer the reader to visit the ikobo website for details. Your posts read like a ikobo mouthpiece.

if you are from iKobo I suggest that you spend time answering
    my emails rather than spamming message boards.

Always I get 'NON' answers from this address [email protected]
    the name of the email itself says a lot about that company I think.

I am very very frustrated, is there no payment processor that we
    can trust?
    If any payment processor answers ALL emails PROMPTLY I will try to trust him.

Does anyone here know of any payment processor who will answer ALL emails even my most stupidest questions?

Originally posted by shankar

Does anyone here know of any payment processor who will answer ALL emails even my most stupidest questions?
    Undertaking this would be like selling unlimited bandwidth.

Einstein's quote was: "Only two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity,and I'm not sure about the former."

Probably the one who pays more gets more & quicker answers. Although some of the people do not consider this right.

I think you can definitely find some payment processors who answer all of their e-mails and the size or potential profitability of the account/prospect isn't a factor in that.

That being said, I think you'll also run into numerous situations of payment processors & merchant providers who just don't give a hoot and it seems like you have to pull teeth to get a response.

To this day, I feel that there is a certain irony with one large processor who has continually made press releases stating how they have reduced their employee headcount while at the same time, their total merchant volume has grown considerably. (i.e. more merchants to serve but yet - fewer staff to service them)

It is no small wonder that the customer service is so difficult to reach or get a response from with some providers if more of them follow the above approach.

I see a lot of people are complaining about ikobo's customer support. It's true it's has been quite a problem in the past, but now it appears to be working just fine. I am referring here to the live chat section on their webpage.

BEWARE OF IKOBO!!!

EXPERIENCE WITH IKOBO

First time I used Ikobo, I sent money to Phillippines 3 wks. prior to Christmas. Their website say 3 to 5 business days. My brother did not receive the iKard they promised before Xmas and it took them another 2 weeks after Xmas before he received it. In other words, he had no money for Xmas because of their delays and on top of that, I called them many times and would not even respond back. If you call them, it is very difficult to get a hold of anyone there. Then, their Chat site never ever worked!

The next incident, in order for them to raise the sending limit say to $3,000 you have to send them very very sensitive information such as, passport, drivers license, SS#, Birt Cert., and Utility Bill. This is very scary because that means they know more about you now. PayPal never ask for any of this information – unfortunately, Paypal failed to send the debit card to this sub-contractor that is why we were desperate to use Ikobo right away. So far, I lost $1,000 dollars sending money through UPS to India 2 yrs. ago and now I am surfing the net about them and finding out that their organization could be from Nigeria. I now wish I did not send Ikobo any of our sensitive information especially since they have a very poor service…be careful!

The second incident is one of our sub-contractor is visiting US. We wanted to pay him through Ikobo so that he receives his ikard here while travelling. He of course, doesn't want to open up a bank acct. here because he needs US ss#. All of a sudden, ikobo blocked our acct. for sending for someone here in vegas. The most frustrating of all is I called many times and again I can't get a hold of someone there, as usual their chat room doesn't work. A week later someone finally e-mailed me with a short and cold response... "Why are sending money to someone who lives in the same area?" So, I e-mailed back and explained about the sub-contractor travelling." That was May 25th and it is now June 2nd I still haven't heard from them. So, again, I called them up patiently 3 times as nobody ever answer the phone. Unless, you wait for a long time, their line sounds like they have cut you off. I patiently waited and waited as I was determined to solve this issue. Then, I finally talked to a Daniel and asked me all the security questions. I have told him that he can call our banker to verify who we are. So, then he said he will remove the block on our account. I noticed he did remove the block so, when I tried to send money all of a sudden “ACCOUNT IS BLOCKED!”

I say, if you can find other ways to send money do it. Don’t use IKOBO. If you hear anything good about Ikobo in the internet, believe me I found out they have been posting the bulletin boards all over the internet to say good things about their own organization.

It's the fourth or fifth time I've seen that post. I'm not even sure it's genuine. It may be, but it's old news. It's like complaining about the second world war or something like that....

iKobo are great! I've been using them for 1 month now, and receive my iKard a few days after I ordered it. It was sent internationally via Fedex!

Only think I can complain about is that they currently only accept visa card payments. Their Mastercard facility is currently not working, even though they still advertise this feature.

I'm not saying they're great, they could do some things better, no doubt about that, but where I'm from I could only get them to actually work and receive money primarily so for now they're my choice.

Some of my friends had an opportunity being in contact with Ikobo representatives. Those folks from ikobo are really amateur (as in not professional) and not intelligent. They are damaging their own business by being stubborn. IKOBO damages their relationships with potential partners and then expects to have good business in the market. The ownership and the management of IKOBO is shady and therefore IKOBO services have NO future. I wouldn't buy their stock nor use their sefvice. I personally had bad experiences dealing with ikobo in the past and I do NOT recommend them to anyone. I think you should stay away from that shady company.