Philadelphia vicinity colocation suggestions?

I am looking for data centers in the vicinity of Philadelphia (Wilmington, DE is ideal) that offers 24/7 physical access. Besides the Switch & Data facilities inside Philadelphia, can anyone recommend other DCs in the area to check out?

In particular, I want to know if there are similar offerings in the area around the same pricing as Switch & Data colo + Cogent transport, for example.

I anticipate needing 2 cabinets and would consider a 100mbit commit. Latency is not of primary concern to me.

I saw colosource.com mentioned on WHT as a place to check for colo providers, but their site seems to list companies selling rack space as opposed to full racks with physical access and no way to filter those results.

There's not much in terms of reasonably priced colo in Philly. HostRemote.net is located in Cinnaminson, NJ, which is only 20 minutes outside of Philly.

-Josh

Greetings:

Host Remote is good.

However, in terms of Philadelphia, PA, check out InFlow.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

What is wrong with Switch & Data?
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

There's nothing wrong in particular with Switch & Data... I just want to know if there are other options in the area so as to be able to do better in pricing for similar services elsewhere.

I currently have colo through a reseller of Level3 in Detroit, and the price Switch & Data quoted me for cabinet space & power is slightly more than twice as much as what I currently pay. I don't know if this is due to differences in location or because I'm dealing directly with S&D and not a reseller (probably both). I was hoping that that I may be able to find a reseller in Philly who can resell full cabinets with 24/7 access & connectivity rather than going through Switch & Data myself directly.

Thanks to the others for the suggestions about HostRemote and Inflow, and the prior WHT links. I'll check them out.

You need to leave a contact method for people to get ahold of you then, as your PM is disabled since you are a new member.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

I would agree, there may be resellers on this board who can help you. HOwever, they can't contact you without information.

<CL edit - See signature guidelines>
    Last edited by Odd Fact; 03-29-2004 at 12:47 PM.

I think my PM is enabled now that I have done at least 5 posts. :-)

Unfortunately, that didn't do it.

Originally posted by hoangelos
    Unfortunately, that didn't do it.
    Umm, hoangelos -- you're the one who doesn't have enough posts to use PM.

I think it has to do with location mainly... I moved from LA to Pittsburgh, PA and my price went up 3X. PA just sucks =)

I am looking at moving either back to LA or Miami now.

Yeah, I'd love to colo in PA, since I live 4 blocks from the Switch & Data location at 401 N Broad... too bad the costs and bandwidth are so much better in NYC and DC.

Level3 has a location at: 401 North Broad St, Philadelphia 19108
    Best Wishes,

Blake L. Smith - blake@xtremebandwidth.com
    XtremeBandwidth.com, Inc. - Wholesale Tier1 Bandwidth!

<< too bad the costs and bandwidth are so much better in NYC and DC. >>

I disagree.

We've used S&D in Philly and Telx @ 60 Hudson in NYC, and PA is much cheaper with all factors considered.

PA is more expensive for transport/loops, which is irrelavant in a carrier hotel, but co-location space and ip/transit are the same or cheaper.

NetCarrier in Cherry Hill, NJ. (5 miles east of philadelphia)

check out, hostremote, s & w just bought meridian telesis so they have more space. Also have a look at fast.net, they were bought by us lec and are doing some nice things with their dc, they are in conshohocken.
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation