Thread: DNS Hosting

DNS Hosting

Can anyone help me out here, I would like to implement a DNS server for customers at present I have no dns server and I have a requirement for one,

I have 254 valid public IP addresses and the reverse lookups are wrong ie still pointing to previous owners dns server, so i need to put in my own to correct this.

But I would like to kill two birds with one stone and be able to offer DNS services to customers including a customer web management system, abit like (who i currently use) and if pos future potential domain registration but that is some thing for the future.

Can anyone help me out here or advice.

BTW this site is awsome I did not relise it but I have spent hours reading posts.

thanks in advance

Whomever you received that Class C from will need to help you RDNS. DNS Server? Go buy a Sun box and colocate it with the folks you are getting the IPs from..

Sun box, hmm would like to do it on a win box, I have spoken to my provider and they do not normally host dns for customers we use a uk level 3 provider, we are exspected to do it. So if I am to do it I wanted to offer our customers it as a service.

Most packages I have seen here eg Cpanel ect where users sign up for web space e-mail ect, not just DNS management

We do not want to allow the public to do this, it will be our IT staff that will setup e-mail and websites ect...

but is there a product that will allow customers to manage there own DNS or the next step down where we manage there DNS via the web.

I'm not going to pretend like I know all about what you are wanting to do. I would suggest you ask this in the technical thread.

ok, you know the free parking system of editing DNS? that is what I would like to do with my DNS server

I know what you are asking I just haven't spent anytime looking at software or apps that do that the way you are asking. Someone else may but I think your question is more technical/sw related rather than domain name.

ok, thanks anyhow

Moved to Technical & Security Issues Forum
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi