Multi server hoting with CPanel?

Dear all,

is it possible to use CPanel for a resellers account on a dedicated server and then add in new servers as the business grows?

If it isnt possible and you have to use separate isolated servers as your needs grow, is there a way of using the same nameservers and such like to keep the separate nature of the servers transparent from customers?

Many thanks,

Jireh

Cpanel has a feature called 'clustering' which will allow you to sync dns information with one server. So the answer to that part (DNS) is YES.

There is no way to set up an account on another server from a cpanel server. For example, if you are in server1.com then you can't set up an account on server2.com

look into autopilot, it provides a central management of all your servers and account setups including billing and support and its cheap

Many thanks,

can you give me alink to autopilot please?

Cheers.

don't worry - I've found

whmautopilot.com

Thanks

H-Sphere is generally considered the best for this type of system.

http://www.psoft.net/
    SiteSouth
    Atlanta, GA and Las Vegas, NV. Colocation

conifxx 3.0 - the best european controllpanel for admins, reseller, users....

link:
    http://www.sw-soft.com/en/buyonline/

Originally posted by mgphoto
    H-Sphere is generally considered the best for this type of system.

http://www.psoft.net/
    I would in general say psoft is the best for multiserver scaling and management, there is just one flaw with there software though in regards to licensing. If you have a reseller that has 200 domains your out the money for the licenses. As it may be only a one time charge, if you have multiple resellers every domain/control panel that is created is a one time shot. Its hard to recover that cost unless you limit domain's which then you are faced with the question "what about cpanel".

No i'ts a cost per account not per domain. You have X accounts and each X account can have "unlimited" domains.

So 10 resellers is 10 accounts but could be hundreds of domins.
    SiteSouth

Correct except that basically for each control panel created its a license, so yes a reseller could have 200 domains but if each one of those domains are clients then a control panel would have to be issues for each one to manage there account and would still put you in the same licensing area.

yes, that is corect a reseller account of a reseller account is an additional account so it would cost $4.00 per resellers reseller account. But no addtional cost per domain.

Does that make sense
    SiteSouth

Re: Multi server hoting with CPanel?

Originally posted by jireh
    Dear all,

is it possible to use CPanel for a resellers account on a dedicated server and then add in new servers as the business grows?

If it isnt possible and you have to use separate isolated servers as your needs grow, is there a way of using the same nameservers and such like to keep the separate nature of the servers transparent from customers?

Many thanks,

Jireh
    I was sort of under the impression that he was looking for a solution using CPanel.

yes, I was under that impression too.

I think I am content to use the clustering. Are there any inherent problems with that?