Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My friend had someone break into her house a few months ago. Now she has a rottweiler in the yard that you can always see carrying around his 15 pound bowling ball. She hasn't had any other incidents since

Call Crocodile Dundee

Cameras aren't going to do much good if you don't have a decent alarm system installed by a professional alarm company.
    You know something like ADT http://adt.com

Originally posted by Rewdog
    My friend had someone break into her house a few months ago. Now she has a rottweiler in the yard that you can always see carrying around his 15 pound bowling ball. She hasn't had any other incidents since
    A house I used to own was burglarized frequently. I was sort of a one woman crime wave. The neighborhood wasn't the best, but my problem was I didn't own a dog -- the only one in the area that didn't. Cats are quite worthless when it comes to warding off burglars.
    Cameras aren't going to do a thing. They'll probably just steal them. I learned the hard way that burglars won't hesitate to break glass to get in. In fact, they'll even pull the whole door and frame out of the wall if they want to.
    If you don't want a dog, get a wired alarm system that calls a private service with a fast response time to your area.
    The first thing to do is to talk to your insurance company about getting a rider put on your policy specifically to cover the replacement of your electronic equipment. Probably the cheapest alternative.
    See information here on getting a home business rider or policy (it's at the bottom):
    http://www.usaaedfoundation.org/insurance/hi05.asp
    Last edited by madmouser; 03-24-2004 at 06:38 PM.
    Laura K.
    http://www.madmousergraphics.com
    graphic design for grownups

lol, I don't think I need bullet proof windows and laser systems I'll consider some cheaper alternatives

Originally posted by Bub Host
    lol, I don't think I need bullet proof windows and laser systems I'll consider some cheaper alternatives
    I thought you said money was not an issue, or at least implied it. Seems a lot of your sentaces are mixing words. I hope you did not make this thread just to see what others thought like your computer thread.

Originally posted by Bub Host
    The computer idea was really just hypothetical and to see what others thought
    Don't look for a way out.

Originally posted by RDX Media
    I thought you said money was not an issue, or at least implied it. Seems a lot of your sentaces are mixing words. I hope you did not make this thread just to see what others thought like your computer thread.
    I never said money wasn't an issue, of course it is! I ain't no millionaire ......however I can get CERTAIN parts really cheap at auction. Lasers and bullet-proof windows certainly do not come up at computer auctions

I'm sure if you know how to find a computer auction you can find an auction for security goods. Again, you seem to imply that you are rich with your hot ticket and flashy items. You still would be better asking at a dedicated security forum or talking to a security consultant in your area. In any case here is a good place to start looking.

http://doityourself.com/homesec/index.shtml
    Don't look for a way out.

Quote: Again, you seem to imply that you are rich with your hot ticket and flashy items.

Nevermind you don't seem to read my posts anyhow.....there are no 'security' auctions in my area, I don't think they exist anyhow.....thanks for the info guys anyhow,

mods you may close this thread if you wish.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12