Threaded View

New Registrar viability...questions

I have become very disturbed that reseller pricing is so high for domain name services. Even at the $6.95 mark (Enom), with credit card fees, you are competing at a “common” price bracket, limiting profitability for those wanting to be competitive.

With frustrations running high, I recently reviewed the reseller accreditation requirements and feel that an ICANN authorized registrar that offers competitive services, and a lower price, stands to gain some serious market share. Given the financial commitment involved in accreditation, I am still struggling with an appropriate reseller cost per name and reasonable price points. In addition, how crucial is it for a reseller to be able to sign up resellers? Do resellers prefer a customizable storefront, or an API? I have always coded via an API, but unsure of the common approach.

I really feel that there is enough room for all to profit (greatly) here but need to weigh the volume I could gain versus the hole I could burn in my pocket . Please provide realistic opinions…

Many thanks,
    MOD EDIT: Please setup your signature using Profile Link. as per WHT Rules
    Last edited by Bashar; 03-24-2004 at 04:13 AM.