OdeonWeb Down Again!

hmm and I really thought that guy had turned over a new leaf o well.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

I don't trust him. No one has reason to trust him, with what he has done. I don't believe a word he says. Although I have a reseller account with him for hosting free sites, once the free term is up, I'll get the hell out of there and out of his pit of lies.
    He arose!

Odeonweb is not down we are just reneing the main page. Only our main website is not up. It will be up by tomorrow with new design.
    blue27

Originally posted by INDesignZ
    I don't trust him. No one has reason to trust him, with what he has done. I don't believe a word he says. Although I have a reseller account with him for hosting free sites, once the free term is up, I'll get the hell out of there and out of his pit of lies.
    Time to leave

i know leave please if you dont like the service
    blue27

Strange. I didn't write the original post in this thread. I know that the problems havn't been Stefans fault, they havn't even been in his control! Managed.com is to blame. Stefan ALWAYS offers more-than-fair compensation for the problems that occur. I have no complaints.

Question

hmm it is strange
    blue27

ok.. I'm confuse now .. first you complaint about being down .. then you say no complaints ..

oh well .. :|
    Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation

Originally posted by Odeonweb
    Odeonweb is not down we are just reneing the main page. Only our main website is not up. It will be up by tomorrow with new design.
    For a webhost, an "our site is undergoing a redesign, if you have problems please contact us at support@whatever.com" page, or something similar, is usually a far better idea than just taking your site off-line so it doesn't even resolve to anything.

Much less scary for your current customers and much better for any possibile future customers that just see your site as down right now.
    Hyperconfused (™)

Originally posted by Loon
    For a webhost, an "our site is undergoing a redesign, if you have problems please contact us at support@whatever.com" page, or something similar, is usually a far better idea than just taking your site off-line so it doesn't even resolve to anything.

Much less scary for your current customers and much better for any possibile future customers that just see your site as down right now.
    Definately.
    Always practice such a method, at the bare minimum.
    Cameron
    HostCaters Web Services
    http://www.hostcaters.com

Well, None of My Websites Are Up

What do you mean only the main website is down? my account has been down for days.

My website when down months ago i never contacted them because they was down so much it got me down

Glad to see that my original assessment of OdeonWeb still stands to this day. Why people even bother wasting time and money on this outfit never ceases to amaze me. In this case, you TRULY get what you pay for.
    Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

True tho when i when with them they had no bad words on wht and never been down....

Niftex

Niftex, then you didn't search long enough, then. I called OdeonWeb out at the very beginning, and all you have to do is just search for those posts. No disrespect meant to you, though.

Oh, by the way, nice post count, hehehe
    Niftex
    Aspiring Evangelist

Doug Hazard - "retired" Web Hosting Master
    * Full Stack (Web/WP) Dev for The Catholic Diocese of Richmond (160+ sites)
    * Sports Photographer, Media Personality and CFB Historian
    * Tech Admin for several Sports Networks/Sites

Originally posted by euclid
    Stefan ALWAYS offers more-than-fair compensation for the problems that occur. I have no complaints.
    This is quite possibly one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time. Odeonweb are without a doubt the poorest webhost I have ever had the mispleasure to become involved with. Stupid really to have went with them in the first place, but it seemed like cheap backup space to me.

I know it's all been said before but lessons I learned :

Lesson 1 : Before signing up with a new host, research, research, research.

Lesson 2 : Steer well clear of Odeonweb.

Cheers.
    D.

Well, I would have to agree that there's something askew with that post and this thread.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Originally posted by Dennis
    Well, I would have to agree that there's something askew with that post and this thread.
    Dennis,

I can see how you would think that from re-reading it myself. It's absolutely genuine though. I sat back and watched my money go down the drain with the afore mentioned company and after reading one of the messages in this thread it annoyed me enough to register and post. I still feel it's a completely legitimate post.

I really just don't want to see other folk go down the same road as me. Rightly or wrongly in the context of the thread those are my views.

There's plenty more I have to say on this particular host but I'll let it go.

Cheers,
    D.

Heh, you can try and emulate a true service but it requires more than just a pretty background and colour scheme.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

i paid for an account and I wasnt even given one..

BEGGED FOR A REFUND BUT NO RESPONSE,

Paypal couldnt recover funds!

Ive already reported to a law agency.

Im with a much better host now..

read up my nightmare at the following thread
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=246652