is it possible for somone alse to play on my shoutcast radio?

is it possible for somone alse to play on my shoutcast radio?

and if so how?

yes, you setup the shoutcast server, then you use your winamp client to stream to it. you can have someone else steam to it too if you want.
    Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

how do they stream to me?

cant find any text online to help me

Nick Twaddell
    WebSpace Solutions - Custom E-Solutions
    Fast, Reliable, Affordable Web Hosting

yeah somone alse sent me there but after sifting through half the docs I cant find anything of use?

Its not that im being lazy aswell

ive looked though it all now, there does not appear to be anything on linking somone alse to my server

the winamp forum has been down for weeks now. im at my wits end

If your shoutcast server is remotely located on a dedicated server, they can easily connect with the username/password as you yourself would do.

If it's hosted on your IP of a local machine, I presume they need your IP and user/pass you're using as well.
    - Tim

Originally posted by Tswaibel
    If your shoutcast server is remotely located on a dedicated server, they can easily connect with the username/password as you yourself would do.

If it's hosted on your IP of a local machine, I presume they need your IP and user/pass you're using as well.
    I have got NO-IP installed

to give me a static IP

does that help

where do they login to connect to me?

do they just type in my Ip and password and port on the shoutcast plugin?

Maybe I can help, I'm an internet broadcaster too.

What do you mean by having someone else on your shoutcast? Do you mean while you do a show, they also can talk during your show? Or use your stream to broadcast music?

How do you broadcast at this moment? What is the URL to listen to your radio?

Originally posted by usako
    Maybe I can help, I'm an internet broadcaster too.

What do you mean by having someone else on your shoutcast? Do you mean while you do a show, they also can talk during your show? Or use your stream to broadcast music?

How do you broadcast at this moment? What is the URL to listen to your radio?

I want my friend to be able to use my station but from another pc miles away

my radio station add is

http://defineddesign.no-ip.com:8000/listen.pls

Okay. Then he would just need to do what you would do to broadcast. What you said before me is correct. I do the same thing with my broadcasters. Give him the information that you use to connect to your stream with your broadcasting software. If you're running a stream while he's trying to connect he can kick you off and stream in your place in your shoutcast admin.

Originally posted by usako
    Okay. Then he would just need to do what you would do to broadcast. What you said before me is correct. I do the same thing with my broadcasters. Give him the information that you use to connect to your stream with your broadcasting software. If you're running a stream while he's trying to connect he can kick you off and stream in your place in your shoutcast admin.
    so he just puts my info in the winamp plugin?

yes

thanks, that was a simple answer that took a while

Well, I didn't see your question until now. Sorry if others couldn't answer you quick enough.