Thread: eNom?

Thumbs down eNom?

I just signed up for a free eNom reseller account for domains. However I see that they charge a 3% fee and you must have at least $100 in credits to your site. I don't think I can afford $100 to refill my account the way my business is, so I don't think eNom is so great. What do you guys think? Should I fill my account with $100 (I mean, I can afford, but not sure if I want to) or should I stick with www.onmis.com who charges $7.95 for domain name? Also is RegistryRocket any good?
    Golden Globe Hosting | It's Time To Get Online.
    www.goldenglobehosting.com
    info@goldenglobehosting.com

I got Enom, Its Note So Good!!!!
    I recomend 1&1 they charge $5.88 per year...

I like enom - and the 3%/100 minimum is only if you pay via credit card or paypal.

If you wire your money or mail a check in you can deposit any amount you'd like - with no extra fees.

The $100+3% is only if you refill by credit card. Send them a check and it can be for any amount.

It's entirely up to you. The services and pricing are excellent.

Registry Rocket is Enom - it's one of the frontends used by resellers.

--Josh
    Josh Powell.
    ServerSpotCheck - Is your website down?
    Skimpylink - Not as tiny as some but much cuter!

If you run a small hosting company, the best place to register domains for your customers is 1and1. $5.88

If you can not afford that amount, you shoud not run hosting and domain biz.

I'm with Enom for 3 year and I can say they are the best in domain service.

myvaluehost.com sells domains for $4

but i don't really recommend going with hosting providers like 1&1 or myvaluehost or any others, many ppl faced problems getting their domains out in the future from hosting providers..
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Any hosting company that register domain names for its clients at myvaluehost or 1and1 takes a big risk. If your customer is smart enough, he will find out where their domain was registered and might leave your hosting company. You can not compete with 1and1, especially if you can't afford $100 to refill your reseller account....

If I registered domains with 1and1 my customers would not leave me because they understand how important it is to host locally. I am a local person for them and their web sites are not in the other country which would be pretty bad.

Originally posted by Ashley1998
    If I registered domains with 1and1 my customers would not leave me because they understand how important it is to host locally. I am a local person for them and their web sites are not in the other country which would be pretty bad.
    And I take your analogy and apply it to domains also. That is another reason why I only considered becoming a reseller under a parent company located in North America. Not that some of the others weren't competitive, but that word local gives you some security now doesn't it Ashley?

I would go with 1and1.
    Control panel and support is good.

Try GoDaddy.
    Quality web hosting PullHost.com

Originally posted by acts837
    And I take your analogy and apply it to domains also. That is another reason why I only considered becoming a reseller under a parent company located in North America. Not that some of the others weren't competitive, but that word local gives you some security now doesn't it Ashley?
    If we are talking about domain names then .com registry is located in U.S. I would say the central command office of .com is located in US. So, for domains it does not really matter. Some of the security questions are important.

The hosting is a different matter. If I register through 1and1 a .com domain and use my nameservers then I am not concerned on uptime issues here. So to host localy is a good practice which has solid arguments.

domain name registration service

Well I evaluate the importance of the domain registration done correctly in a timely manner very important.

AFAIC (As far as I am concirned) in my honest opinion there is no other then ENOM and here is why.

They are faaaaaaaaaast & reliable for a reasonable price.

The teaser offer for 4$ Domains from myvaluehost is only valid for 10 domains. Now which professional person has less than 10 ;-).

I have experience with several hosting companies (some reliable, some not), and when you know you can point your domain anytime to a backup server than this becomes a completely different value and importance to your business.

When you know that the DNS will propagade within a few hours to most DNS servers(worldwide), then I can tell you that even if Enom is a bit more expensive than other offers

- Godaddy
    - 1and1
    - Myvaluehost
    - Omnis
    - etc.

Loosing your face in front of the customers for 2-3 days and perhaps also 1000's of $, than thinking about saving 2-3 $ on a domain seems like a joke to me.

ALL domains I registered with Enom.com propagated in the slowest case within 1 day.

(also officially they state 2 days - or 48 hours)

Where Godaddy & others are nowhere even close to this. If there is a service which offers the same RELIABILITY & SPEED@than I would be very interested ;-)

Best regards

Nils Valentin

valentin_nils(at)be-known-online.com
    be-known-online.com/mysql

Omnis.com is the best I think, only $7.95
    Golden Globe Hosting | It's Time To Get Online.
    www.goldenglobehosting.com
    info@goldenglobehosting.com

I tried 1and1 in the past to register a domain that had just expired. After going through the complete process I waited several hours for the status of my request to change from pending. Three hours later I registered the name again with a registrar that instantly registers the domain and did secure it. This was on March 3rd. I just received a notice on 3/24 from 1and1 that they were unable to register the domain.

This may just be a fluke, but I need instant registration when I find a name that I want.

I wouldn't touch 1and1 - I have heard from one of my customers who got a name from 1and1 that if you want to transfer the name from 1and1 to another registrar then you have to send them a fax for authorizing the transfer

1and1 is selling names at a loss for a reason. They are not going to sell you a name lose at least .50 -.80 cents(including support etc) only to have people register and transfer away. They want to bring new clients in and upsell their more profitable products
    Domain Maven

to market their other services, just like what ev1/rackshack did in the old days when they sold domains for $5+tax

even now they are selling at loss 7.01 ? their cost wit opensrs is $10 and at max its $9 or so, why ? to sell more servers
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi