Cabinet / Power Pricing in USA Survey

I am curious to hear what people are paying for data center space and power in the USA. I am mainly interested in people with single cabinets (or maybe 2-3 max, just not people who have 2000 sq feet as those prices will be much lower).

Can you please state what city you are in (data center is optional, the city is most important).

Cost for a 42U cabinet.

Cost for power (how much power is included with cabinet, how much for extra power).

Here is an example.

Pittsburgh, PA
    $800 /month for 42U cabinet with 20 amps of power
    Additional 20 amps for $225

Thanks. Please no wars on what city is better, I am just trying to collect research.

Ryan

If you do not have a full cabinet, please feel free to say how much you pay for a half, quarter, or per U.

From Equinix in Chicago I know it's $1000 for a full cabinet with 40A (One 20A is a backup), $900 with 20A. Believe Switch and Data in Chicago is about $800 per cabinet with 20A, but the security isn't as good, facility is smaller, and isn't manned 24/7.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

Most folks are probably not very willing to discuss what they're actually paying for cabs. Either their pricing is covered under NDA, or they simply don't want folks knowing their costs
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

I would say it's safe to say a cab with 20 amps will range from $500-$1200.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

Originally posted by Jay Suds
    Most folks are probably not very willing to discuss what they're actually paying for cabs. Either their pricing is covered under NDA, or they simply don't want folks knowing their costs
    Another issue is this: We get our electricity at an extremely low cost, however, I could not tell you honestly whether or not it really costs $X or if we're just getting preferential pricing as a result of our other agreements.

It is true that our pricing is protected by a NDA, but I will say that we charge $600/mo for a 42U cabinet plus $100/mo per additional 20A (last I checked, please do not consider this to be a price quote ) which should give you some indication of what we pay given that were not a NPO or anything

Originally posted by XtremeBandwidth
    Full cabinets with 15amps power $650 across the US, any level3 datacenter (over 73).
    Are you sure its in all 73? I called them about Pittsburgh and mentioned this and they did not know what I was talking about. He said he would have to call me back.

Also, any idea what bandwidth (1, 5, 10 meg) goes for in a L3 facility with colocation?

What do you mean what bandwidth goes in a Level3 facility? You can get however much you want.
    Best Wishes,

Blake L. Smith - [email protected]
    XtremeBandwidth.com, Inc. - Wholesale Tier1 Bandwidth!

Price wise for 1 meg, 5, or 10.

I think FDC is $600.00 and you get 20 amp and 5meg .