I can honestly say that I am all for it !! Not because of EV1, but because it gives us an alternative to cPanel !! I am stoked about this !!
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com
    A decade of professional hosting !

This is not because of the doubtless quality of Plesk, but because of the former users of Plesk.

I would like very much to purchase a server with NAC, but they offer only Direct Admin...
    :: :: :: :: :: ::
    :: VDSP.Net :: Directory of virtual and dedi serv providers by location and price

Plesk has always been my favorite control panel.
    Maker of World's BEST Browser & Web site development software.
    Shared / Reseller / Dedicated *Managed* Web hosting on Linux / Windows with 99.5% Uptime Guarantee with SLA & 90 days moneyback guarantee.
    Contact -> AIM: str1997 | ICQ: 303026849

With Plesk 7, it'll probably be a big seller. Hopefully the Plesk forums stay clean.

Also I'd like to agree with Str.

Could anyone tell me what are the the features of Plesk that beat Cpanel?

I never used Plesk so I'm just curious.

Thanks

*umph*? SM doesnt need anymore *umph* in what they offer to beat EV1. They just need more *umph* in the support answers (although they have been getting better the last few days).
    ии Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ии
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

Even though SM's support is not that good, their whole support "system" is much better than ev1's. But even though SM is growing rapidly, ev1servers is still growing as well. Plesk might give SM the sales necessary to finally catch up and beat them in server sales . They certainly have the capacity to... We'll see how SM supports plesk though and whether or not they're knowledgeable with it all...

i'm happy when i heard that SM offer Plesk now i'm using PLESK for 1 year and it's my favour CP but price for unlimited license key is not cheap i love PLESK , best CP i've ever used

I will be fine with this if SM is not trying to saddle their techs w/ two control panels now. Others have done this before and it failed miserably. It's enough to study and train and stay sharp on one control panel system (and I mean be an advanced tech, not a so-so jack of all trades). Their cPanel support has been rather shoddy at best, in my experience, which is why I quickly learned to just open cPanel tickets myself and bypass that predictable "uh, I dunno..." that delays repair by 48 hours...

It's tough enough getting good cPanel support from Server Matrix; I hope to heaven they have the smarts to group out their support so techs specialize in one panel or the other. The alternative will cause cPanel issues to be prescribed Plesk fixes, and Plesk issues to be prescribed cPanel fixes... and break stuff when Plesk's flavor of XYZ doesn't work on cPanel (and vice versa). It's been disastrous for some providers, I hope they don't mirror that experience, because support will tank, and folks will be back here whining about that then too. Offering Plesk is no golden prize when the techs can't support it... they nearly don't support cPanel as it is.

Guess we'll all soon see just how great it is. Sorry maybe it'll work great for them, but I'm personally of the "pick a niche and excel at it" school of business......

Bailey
    Let's Connect on Twitter! @thatsmsgeek2u || Fighting mediocrity one thread at a time.

Has anyone tried WebMin with SM servers.?

There's nothing in SM servers that makes them different from any others, so Webmin should run on them just as fine as any others.

Originally posted by Farrukh
    Has anyone tried WebMin with SM servers.?
    i alway use webmin in my servers ! webmin so good ! http://webmin.com welcome ! easy to install and easy to use

I guess SM or whoever the provider, do not need to be good at Plesk to offer plesk. It is also not their responsibility to coach their customers how to use plesk. So don't expect SM support to hold your hand through plesk or CP. You simply have to be on your own when using any CP. Each CP has its own manual and web site, from there you can walk yourself through.

I like plesk because of qmail and 4 level of user administrations. Neat, cool and a complete suite, I think for a CP.

Originally posted by mcraft
    I guess SM or whoever the provider, do not need to be good at Plesk to offer plesk. It is also not their responsibility to coach their customers how to use plesk. So don't expect SM support to hold your hand through plesk or CP. You simply have to be on your own when using any CP. Each CP has its own manual and web site, from there you can walk yourself through.

I like plesk because of qmail and 4 level of user administrations. Neat, cool and a complete suite, I think for a CP.
    Well said !! SM provides the hardware and the install, and the rest is up to the person who rents the server (except reboots). My advice is to get an admin or learn to admin yourself before getting your own box ... then you will have 0 problems that you rely on others to sort for you.
    Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com

kind of. SM offers more official support (at least listed on their site) than RS. OS upgrades etc are part of their package.

Though to be honest, i have always found EV1 to be more than willing to help with control panel issue, etc even though they do not officially say it on their site.

If they just throw out the Plesk, with zero support, that is going to come back and bite them.

From the SM page - their tagline.
    "Cost Effective Entry Level Managed Hosting"

Chet

Chet: I was not saying that they DO NOT provide that, I was simply saying that it is always best to be able to either sort issues on your own or have a good admin around to get things straight for you. That way, you are relying less and less on the DC for things like that.

Nathan M.
    Stormwire.com

My experience with EV1 and Ensim prove to me that you will be very sorry if you think your host provider is going to help you. I bought a server from EV1 installed with Ensim Pro 3.5.16, immediately I notice the quota on each site is off, I check it out in root it was ok. Anyway I didn't install anything just use it immediately to create sites, of course did all the initial setup as this is my 2nd Ensim box. When I asked EV1, the support give an unrelated answer and I know they going to keep the ticket ding dong to test my patient. I seek help from someone outside of EV1, who corrected the problem with a small fee. This is also the reason why I am staying off Ensim altogether. Every version Ensim release there are problems. What I mention here is just one tiny problem, I have countless problem with Ensim.

As for EV1 their network is good, cannot deny that. They are using Dell machines thus you have confidence that it will last you at least 2 years. My advice don't choose a CP you don't know. EV1 provide almost all CPs accept Directadmin. EV1 forum is as active as WHT and there are some very helpful people there, so even EV1 support sucks, go to the forum. So far the best thing I like about EV1 is their forum.

I will never use a CP that uses sendmail. If you are an experience user you will know what I mean.

Really? I have had EV1 support fix ensim issues countless times. Always for free, always above and beyond what I really expected at first, now I kinda figure they will.

Chet

Very nice to see more Plesk opportunities!
    In just two days, tomorrow will be yesterday.

I will never use a CP that uses sendmail. If you are an experience user you will know what I mean.

and if i am a user without experience, what's the problem with sendmail?

out of that...

which CP uses less resources from the server? a comparison maybe to know?

Sendmail is slow, use up alot of resourses. And you need to know how to reconfigure sendmail to suit how you use your server.

We are force to learn but when we know what's happening behind sendmail we decided it is not what we wish to live with. So we decided to look out for other email system which lead us to qmail and plesk.

In a previous life I spent a week trying to figure out how to configure sendmail on a Raq.

This week it took me 1 hour to fully sort out Exim configuration (with cPanel).

24. Thnx for news

So what will it take to install Webmin on SM servers ?

I mean the process