Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

tech support staff

We're looking to hire a tech support staff for our company. Are there companies that offer 24 hour support for a flat monthly fee?
    Specifically, we'd need a support staff that could field tickets from customers and then communictae those problems to the guys who run our server. We use C-panel.
    Hurricom Interactive
    http://hurricom.net
    Powerful Web Solutions for Small Businesses

Hi there Nate, please read the rules.

- Participants may not publish or discuss any information regarding their product or services, or future (possible) products or services, or any product or services they are, or have been, associated with. This includes, but not limited to suggesting your own services, or services of partners, clients, employers or friends. The Advertising Forums are for advertising.
    - Participants may not direct others to contact them regarding their product or services or future (possible) products or services, or any product or services they are, or have been, associated with.

To cmtusa, BobCares has some 24/7 plans which have fixed prices.
    http://www.bobcares.com/pages/plan.php
    http://www.bobcares.com/pages/startup_plan.php
    http://www.bobcares.com/pages/plan2.php

I also remember another Indian outsourcing support company who did 24/7 as well, however I cannot remember their name.
    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Acsiak - Andrew; 03-23-2004 at 04:58 PM.

Those are great links, thanks Anjay.
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Believe you can also add:

http://www.touchsupport.com to the list as well.

Good Luck.
    - Tim

Hi there Nate, please read the rules.

- Participants may not publish or discuss any information regarding their product or services, or future (possible) products or services, or any product or services they are, or have been, associated with. This includes, but not limited to suggesting your own services, or services of partners, clients, employers or friends. The Advertising Forums are for advertising.
    - Participants may not direct others to contact them regarding their product or services or future (possible) products or services, or any product or services they are, or have been, associated with.

who broke any rules?

who broke any rules?

When I posted, Nate had advertised his services - he obviously deleted his post when I showed him he broke the rules.

Now, back on topic.

i highly recommend instacarma: http://www.instacarma.com
    TopQHost - We Provide Affordable Web Hosting with Top Quality Service

Believe you can also add http://www.touchsupport.com to the list as well.

I too would have added them, however unfortunately they do not have a fixed flat rate fee. They do per ticket charges and per chat charges - there are lots of good comments about them, however unfortunately the topic starter needs a flat fee, and TouchSupport just doesn't offer one.

http://www.touchsupport.com/support.html

Everything is per chat or per ticket, however he can get a flat fee for server monitoring, administration and so on.... but then that wouldn't be outsourcing support, it'd be outsourcing server management.

http://www.instacarma.com/plans.htm - There people do seem to have exactly what the Topic Start is looking for. But remember, before choosing anyone, always get lots of references and so on - you never know, one person could have had a good time while all the rest bad, and vice versa. Find their strong points and their weak points - really choose the one that is best for you, not best for someone else.

24x7 support

As a rule I look for companies that have a Quality Assurance department because they QA their support reps often and can provide you with results. Not to mention you don't get the rogue support rep that takes their frustrations out on your customers!

Yes - I agree, it is very frustrating when the company you hire simply takes their frustration out on your clients....

I'm lucky enough to never have had that experience, however I know of those whom have.

ttp://www.instacarma.com/ looks pretty nice I will say. I added them as well to the list of potential companies when we are ready. Thanks!

Ultimately, QA is your own responsibility. I still review all of our tickets daily; sometimes I discover encouraging things, other times I find errors and mistakes. If you do not review your tickets and your clients become dissatisifed, you have no one to blame but yourself.

Having said that, ACTSupport has a special right now on 24x7 dedicated support - www.actsupport.com / http://www.actsupport.com/special.html
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

The thing with their site (http://www.actsupport.com/), I am on IE6 & that menu is all over the place, making it hard to navigate.

I too am on IE6 and am having problems.

Ultimately, QA is your own responsibility.

Yes, this is true. You need to check your tickets and make sure they are being responded to accordingly and always be aware whether the company is stating things that are false or not. The person I knew who had a company take their rage out on his clients actually checked daily, every day was fine until for some reason one of the people for some reason got agrivated and just lashed out with no mercy.... pretty sad really. But that person checked and that's how they knew.
    So as you can see, even if you do the QA, it may be perfect until one day the person just blows and lets leash of all his anger - whether it's your clients fault, or not.

I am interested in this as well.
    Golden Globe Hosting | It's Time To Get Online.
    www.goldenglobehosting.com
    info@goldenglobehosting.com

you can also check out:

hostworks.ca
    supportresort.com
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -- Ben Franklin
    Twice Tied Laces

Where are all these companies based ?

Personally I would never do business with any company that sends its tech support jobs out of the country, especially India.

Not that I have anything against India per se, or those of Indian origin....BUT when a tech job I might have held at one point is lost to another country so a corporation can save money on support I find it a huge factor in who gets MY money.

Also when I have called TS in the past and spoken to many of the Indian reps the language barrier can be horrible.

Also when I have called TS in the past and spoken to many of the Indian reps the language barrier can be horrible.

Do you mean TouchSupport by TS?
    Personally I do not really mind where a company is based as long as they speak English fluently. If they have their staff working from China, Nigeria, India, Russia, etc., it won't matter to me - as long as they can all speak English fluently with perfect grammar, punctuation and spelling.

as long as they can all speak English fluently with perfect grammar, punctuation and spelling.
    Oh give me a break, no one has perfect grammar, punctuation and spelling.

I think as long as your support staff can fluently speak English, you're set.
    Thanks,

Brendan Diaz
    Connect: linkedin.com/in/brendandiaz

We have no Indian techs; I'm not sure what this guy is talking about.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Thumbs down Speak English

There seems to be much more to consider than just speaking english. How about time zone difference?

If my customer is here in the states and the rep is in India, my customer will be about mid day and the rep at 3am, can you imagine the yawning and mistakes? I've worked CS on the graveyard and it's the worst! Plus, the turnover ratio is much higher on the graveyard shift. That means there will always be untrained reps doing your tech support!

Oh give me a break, no one has perfect grammar, punctuation and spelling.

Oh... I didn't quite realise that American English was different to British English that much. I mean, I knew about the differences in spelling sometimes and difference in words at time, however I never knew it was so different that the grammar, punctuation and so on was really... well... impossible to have perfect.
    I personally cannot speak English with perfect grammar, punctuation and spelling however I know of those who do - of course there are, if there weren't then the English language (of what we speak) would most of the time be some awful basterdised version - I know I try to speak English as close I can to correct English, I certainly don't know about you or even any Americans since I've never spoken to an American (face to face) whom has come from the U.S.A. without being taught English at a British English school.
    ...Had you worded your whole post differently, it would have been better and saved me all this typing.
    Had you said something along the lines of "They shouldn't need to be perfect in this, that or the other - they just need to speak fluent English and you're set."

I can agree, perfect would be an exaggeration for a support person who simply needs to respond to tickets like "How do I login to cPanel?" and the likes, however I hope you can now see my point that there are people who speak perfect English - like there are those whom speak perfect French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Hungarian, Polish, and so on.
    I would also go as far to agree to that there are not many who do, but there certainly are.

Originally posted by Anjay

Do you mean TouchSupport by TS?
    No, No, sorry for being unclear.

I meant TS as in Technical Support, NOT anything to do with any specific company (especially TouchSupport which Ive had no contact with at all)

No, No, sorry for being unclear. I meant TS as in Technical Support, NOT anything to do with any specific company (especially TouchSupport which Ive had no contact with at all)

Oh right then, that's fine.
    Yes - when speaking to technical support it will be very irritating when you get through to a person who does not speak English fluently, especially when they don't understand a vital word in your sentence.

I am looking at supportresort.com. Has anyone dealt with them before? I would like to know about it. It appears to be basic site with no physical address listed on the page. It does not even have any testimonials (not that those help too much). Im just curious on anyones experience with them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast