Question Adding off-site-On server audio

Here is an off-the-wall question:
    Can I create a location on my server to store mp3s of voice overs that I could then link to from pages on my hosted web sites?
    I have tried putting an intro mp3 on the site page itself but of course, that slows the load time dramatically. (Im talking simple little mp3s like Hi, Im Joe owner of ABC company, welcome to our web site where we have compete information on all our products. If you have more questions please call me personally...etc maybe 20-30 seconds.
    Could I record, upload, and store these on a separate location on my server, link to the clip from the web page so it plays simultaneously, and get the voice over while maintaining the fast load of the page?
    I know there are some commercial services for this but they are kind-of expensive for the small stuff I would like to do. Anybody with any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

no need to spend so much money on this.
    just use a simple Flash to handle this.
    do a loading process...
    the whole site will load fast as normally it does... just the flash part would show "Loading Content..." and when it does load 100% then it would start playing and u can even have "play" "stop" & "pause" on it too...
    ---|| Avurt Inc. - ||---
    www.avurt.com
    Banners, Prints, Graphics, Web sites & Much more

It would seem that the time spent to record the clip, embed it in a "fash" put the flash in the site etc. would be a lot more touble than creating a file like "joes.mp3" that would auto-run from a link...if that's possible. I have extra server resources to spare and a simple program for recording the mp3s so there would be no cost there....if I just knew a simple way to do it.
    I guess if all else fails...I hadn't thought of using Flash.

flash is usually used for this because it allows you to embed the mp3 into the page. That way it can play in the background/automatically without needing to open up an external mp3 player.

Auto-running from a link would be possible to do in a similar fashion as delayed downloads, but it would be a bit (insert word for pieced together in an annoying manner here).