Question Hosting Review - 1 Year + ONLY

We're looking for a Windows-based host that has excellent uptime. While we're (obviously) concerned about price, we are far more concerned about our strong desire to stop dealing with the weekly calls from frantic customers about their sites being down or their email not working.

I'd really appreciate it if people can post their positive experiences with reliable hosts that they've been with for over a year. Any host can look good for a few weeks, but you really see how reliable a host is over the course of a year.

And, before anyone posts the obvious, I know that hosts can take a turn for the worst (our current host being a perfect example of this) but we couldn't think of a better solution to finding a reliable host! If you've got a better solution for how to find someone reliable, let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Slapshot,

WHT is mostly Linux, Windows is slowly gaining popularity here but still way behind(in my opinion). So do not be offended if you do not get many replies.

Derrick
    ResellerEdge.com - High Quality Reseller/ Multiple Domain Hosting.

Originally posted by Derrick
    Slapshot,

WHT is mostly Linux
    It is?

Last I checked, Windows was the most popular request in the reseller hosting sector, and that demand has been met. Sure, there's your one-server cpanel "companies" knocking around WHT, but they come and go.

There's many providers that are both active and inactive, on WHT, that offer windows based solutions. The quality of which, users may/may not post about, but they ARE there.

Simon

IMO the only reason there are more requests for windows reseller accts is that many current Linux hosts see that as a potential market and while considering adding that to their offerings, they are seeking info on windows hosts. Also, there is so much info on *nix hosting, control panels, etc. on this board that most users who are not seeking windows based services can probably find what they need. But just my opinion...

You might want to look at Vianetworks.net. They have been working with Windows hosting since '96. They provide a Sphera platform that allows you to publish both Linux and Windows. The solution also includes ModernBill. They are not the cheapest on, but they have good uptime and they only use IBM servers.

Take a look at Cyberservers.net, good prices and service.

ry

take a look at www.411asp.net, lots of windows hosts there.

Originally posted by timwilson
    You might want to look at Vianetworks.net. They have been working with Windows hosting since '96. They provide a Sphera platform that allows you to publish both Linux and Windows. The solution also includes ModernBill. They are not the cheapest on, but they have good uptime and they only use IBM servers.
    I have tested Sphera platform.. There are soooo many function's that are missing..
    I would got for ensim, plesk or cpanel..
    Mateo Meier
    Founder Artmotion
    http://www.artmotion.eu

Lots of news stories on cyberservers.net front page from December 2003 - and nothing in the following 3 months. In such a crowded marketplace I find it exceptionally easy to get turned off over the most minor things.

Found someone.

Thanks for the tips everyone - I looked through these suggestions and through the rest of these forums, and then through every site hosting review site I could find, and finally settled on Techark (www.resellershosting.net).

We have a lot of strange needs because we have about 30 domains we host, and in the process of setting them up I've probably put in about 20 support tickets asking for help on how to meet some of our strange needs.

I cannot belive how prompt the support has been thus far, how helpful the support staff has been, and how flexible and functional their account seems to be. I've not been there long enough to say anything about reliability, but so far I'm just thrilled with these guys.

Now (Oh please God) just let their sites stay up and I'll be done the tortuous project of finding a new host!!!!

Hey SlapShot...it's been about a month...service been stable?

Thumbs up So far TechArch is AWESOME

We are monitoring them from a couple sites, and they've been really reliable so far.

Great to hear that SlapShot! Keep us updated!