Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bad Host

LivePlanets.Com SUCKS! Bad service, always billing errors, and always down time.

I'm moving to hostgator.com

Need some kind recommendation

Can anyone recommend a reliable host in the light of our recent experience with hosting24-7.

Regards.

I feel bad for yall that this happened to. I was actually looking at colo'ing there, I guess I won't be now.

They are right down the street from me on Craig, but I have never seen their building when I drive by. I never was out searching for it either though.

A little late I know.....

We too are Liveplanets resellers and have been experiencing most of the same problems that you guys have been talking about.

We are almost entirely switched off of liveplanets now due to what has happened in the recent months. Mostly outages, but also billing problems. One problem we had I want everyone to know about....

In February, Liveplanets billed us over $500 dollars ($350 in one chunk!), when our correct monthly payment is roughly $90 (17 accounts + reseller account). I emailed, called, and put help requests in for a long time with no response. Finally, I emailed sales@liveplanets.com and got a response. I was given a phone number to call. I called the number and they asked if they could call me back in 10 minutes. They didnt call for 25, and actually didnt call again until I called their phone again (which they let the answering machine get).

Anyway...FINALLY, i'm on the phone with a real liveplanets person. its even the same voice i remember from previous conversations. i kinda go off, but give them a chance to talk. the guy fixed some of my problems (accounts they wouldnt cancel from help desk tickets), and told me he would email a username and password to look at my billing so I could point out individual descrepencies.

I procede to tell him about the a particular withdrawal from our account in Feb for $350. He claims it was a billing mistake by their system and that it accidentally billed 8 customers before they caught it...i also should have been credited that same day.

WRONG...no credit.

Well, they'll have to check into it and call them back in the morning after i have checked out the billing stuff.

I call in the morning and he says that i am correct, they hadnt credited my account and they posted it the previous night after we had talked. "it should post in 4 or 5 days".

im thinking...what is it coming in on horseback?

whatever. so i ask the dude where my billing login information is. turns out they had written my email address down wrong. or at least that is what they say. 4 days later....still no login. dont really expect one.

we've give up on these losers and i suggest everyone else do the same. i'm not going to call them crooks here, we'll let the lawyers figure that one out.

EVERYONE check your account for the mysterious February charge of $350. I dont know what to do if you find it, but you might try the number i got through on:

1-301-233-4997

He told me this was their emergency cell phone I last got through with this number on 4/23/2004

As for the future, we have switched our business to hostgator.com. If you are used to paying liveplanets prices, you'll love these guys. the service has been wonderful so far. i tested it out before we signed up and actually got support people on instant messenger. have repeated this feat twice now. also, had their server go down the other day (heart fell to my stomach after dealing with liveplanets)....so i calmly pick up the phone. tech answers on first ring. i tell him our server is down...he asks ip...i tell....he says "yup, doing small work, be back up in a minute"...i say thanks....we hang up.....server back up in less than 5 minutes. This I can handle. Their billing is straight forward and simple and the control over your accounts is far greater. i love them, hope they work out.

sorry for the long post, but if this saves someone half the trouble ive had with liveplanets...its been well worth the time to write it.

good luck everyone.

I am a Lawyer! I have had similar billing issues with them, double billing domains, etc. Also had them listing sales@liveplantes.com as MY contact email address, so I never got any notices. When I finally got someone after suggesting taking legal action, they said that they found a $50 some-odd error so they applied it to one of the outstanding bills. I was however successful in getting them to switch the credit card that was on file with them after MONTHS of trying to get any response. Heck, their own website isn't even fully functional anymore. Stay away.

Hosting24-7.com,iPathGroup.com/ResellerDiscounts.com

Hosting24-7.com, iPathGroup.com and ResellerDiscounts.com are all the same company.

The Better Business Bureau in Pittsburgh, PA only lists Hosting24-7.com in their database by it's address and Hosting24-7.com's report is negative because of lack of response to customer inquiries and complaints. (BTW, the phone number changed shortly after I signed up for a Reseller Account with ResellerDiscounts.com/iPathGroup.com to 412-798-5511 — but, you're taken into a loop involving the initial recorded greeting and then an "operator" that says "the mailbox is full and cannot accept any more messages, please try again later." then back to the initial recorded greeting.)

The BBB gave me the phone number of the State Attorney General's Office for Consumer Protection (412-565-5135). The representative at the AG's office gave me a URL to file an online complaint. Since I've got fewer than 5 posts with this forum, I can't list it here yet.

Call the Attorney General's office at the number above, get the URL. Once there, click on "File a BCP Complaint" and fill out the form.

I'm wondering if imaginejet, the lawyer, can institute a class action lawsuit against this company/these companies since so many people have been negatively affected by it/them.

Re: Hosting24-7.com,iPathGroup.com/ResellerDiscounts.com

Originally posted by mdonah675
    Hosting24-7.com, iPathGroup.com and ResellerDiscounts.com are all the same company.

<snip>
    I'm wondering if imaginejet, the lawyer, can institute a class action lawsuit against this company/these companies since so many people have been negatively affected by it/them.
    Actually, I'm not licensed there but an attorney there may be able to do so.

JET

class action lawsuit

We would also probably be interested in the class-action lawsuit if anyone gets this going.

Class action law suit

I believe that imaginejet could institute one in his state and notify lawyers in other states to see if they'd also launch suits. ResellerDiscounts.com/Hosting24-7.com/iPathGroup.com has affected many individuals in many states (possibly countries).

I've got more than 5 posts here now so, I'm going to try to put the link for the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Division Complaint form here now.

http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/ppd/b...rm/bcpform.cfm

Once there, click on "File a BCP Complaint" and fill out the form.

Thank You for providing that site for the BBB PA, I cancelled my service with this crackpot company months ago, of course thru email since I could not reach them on their multitude of bogus phone numbers.
    Yet they continued to bill me and never responded. Hopefully they have caught on since I disputed the charges and blocked any further charges from them.

Hosting24 - 7 (aka liveplanets, aka ipath group, ipathgroup, etc.) is the worst company I have every dealt with. Reading thru all the posts actually helped weave together everything I had speculated about and worried about. Not answering there phones, changing phone numbers, or reaching numbers that had no idea about Hosting 24-7 (so good to know I am not the only one). "Slick Willys" trying to point you to hosting sites that were their own and oddly enough used the same formatting or brought you to their site when you clicked a link.
    The data center is probably just a picture of a pretty building they passed one day while driving. I picture two college dropouts running this company from the basement of their dad's basement. They got the description of the "state of the art" facility from their first day tour they got of the data center at the company where they work as 1st tech support troubleshooting windows 98 issues.

My suggestion is GET OUT NOW and hope you did not get double billed, and hope you are able to cancel.

Just imagine, if my site had been up long enough I would have been able to finish all the under construction links.
    Luckily I only hosted personal sites with them and let my customer choose their own hosting, so I did not have even more headaches.

Actually, the link I posted was for the Pennsylvania State Attorney General's Consumer Protection Office Complaint Form.

There's also an Internet Fraud Complaint form at:

http://www.ifccfbi.gov/index.asp

that you and the others may wish to take advantage of.

I too had to issue a dispute of charges. While the money's been credited back to my account, my bank may have some difficulty recovering the funds from their bank.

If you do a Google Search for iPath Group, you'll find that there's a web designer that did their sites. The images are more than likely royalty free photos that he used in the design of their sites. As to whether or not he got paid...

There are a lot of reasons a provider can go down. Most are not something the provider knows are coming. For instance, you dont get three phone calls from a card in a router saying it was getting ready to puke. If you did, 100% uptime would be easy.

A billing mistake is 100% avoidable. To go down for a day is neglect. People put their trust in you and if you know they knew they were going down they should have told there customers. I have seen others go down because of AUP violations. No excuse.

Instead of waiting until you have problems with your provider, go to the BBB before your decision. Also get their D&B rating. Yes, it may cost you a little time and a few dollars.

Liveplanets.com Lawsuit

Finding these posts this morning was a lifesaver. I have been experiencing worse and worse service from Liveplanets.com now for the last few months.

My sites have been crashing at critical times, either when I was selling my services to my clients or recently when my hometown travel site was down for an entire weekend. This weekend was the one time in the entire year when our town has a huge two day event that draws people from a three state region. In both instances, support was unavailable for 24-48 hours, and i only got callbacks on Monday. The "Emergency Cellphone Number" they gave me did not work, all of the phone numbers listed on any page on the site are useless, as they are disconnected, and when you call the new number they give you on the phone, you get a phone message box that is full.

I have now transferred all my sites over to Hostgator after a two week support testing period.

This morning, I found out that Liveplanets/Ipath Group/Reseller Discounts had made an unauthorized credit card transaction from my bank account. All of my payments had been set up for single credit card payment, with email invoice notice required before payment, only because of my past problems with them (which I will not go into now).

I would be extremely interested in joining in a class-action lawsuit against this company, and would urge anyone looking for hosting to be afraid, be very afraid of this company.

Sincerely,
    Starbase 38
    Last edited by Starbase 38; 08-06-2004 at 01:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12