Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Network issue today? Hosting24-7.com down.

My host's network is down. Is this a good time to jump ship, or is there some type of network issue going on?

I host my sites with LivePlanets and they have also been down since about 10pm UK time last night. All domain names don't resolve so I tried to ping the Name severs and got the following feedback:

Pinging 207.238.213.31 with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 165.117.178.65: TTL expired in transit.

Ping statistics for 207.238.213.31:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

A tracrt to the IP resulted in the packet pinging backwards and forward between two hops until the max hop count was reached, eg:

11 229 ms 148 ms 97 ms pit10-edge2-fa0-0.atlas.algx.net [165.117.178.84

12 99 ms 104 ms 96 ms pit10-core1-g2-0.atlas.algx.net [165.117.178.65]

13 99 ms 97 ms 165 ms pit10-edge2-fa0-0.atlas.algx.net [165.117.178.84

14 134 ms 98 ms 96 ms pit10-core1-g2-0.atlas.algx.net [165.117.178.65]

So my guess is that there is a router configuration issue over at 165.117.178.65.

Can anyone confirm this? Or maybe have any suggestions? I have tried contacting LivePlanets, but just can't get through.

Cheers
    G

Down Too

I have a server with them... several clients. And can not reach them.

If anyone gets through to them please post.

Thanks!

I have a dug a little deeper and narrowed it down to Allegiance Communication (I think since they are the owners of algx.net). I contacted them on 1-800-553-1989 option 2 and asked if there were any problems. Tey said they were looking into it. I can only recommedn that somebody else give them a call as well, especially if you are in the US as yo can take advantage of the toll free number. And hopefully get some more info.

Cheers
    G

Done

I will call them.

Any news? I haven't heard backf from them yet...

Cheers
    G

They said it is not them... that Ipath group / live planets is not their client and They could be disconnected or having problems with their connection.

And of course the Ipath group website is down as well. I have tried reaching LivePlanets at the following details:

Hosting, LivePlanets (NMG99) support@LIVEPLANETS.COM
    Nettel Inc.
    9348 Cherry Hill Rd., Ste. 312
    College Park, MD 22033
    US
    (877) 570-4271 fax: 999 999 9999

But when I ring the 877 number (and I am in the UK) I can't get through. I get informed that I will be charged international rates and then the lines die. Anybody in the US have a chance to get through on that number?

It does not go through.

I have also:

CONTACT
    For inquiries or to contact iPath Group, Please call or write to:
    iPath Group, Inc.
    311 Craig Street Commons
    Suite 105
    Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15213
    USA
    Email: info@ipathgroup.com
    Telephone: +1 412 661 7375

It says the mail box is full.

Thanks for getting back to me. Well Ihave tried it again myself using the numbers you provided and no luck. Slightly infuriating..

Exclamation What's going on!!!

I too am a LivePlanets.Com reseller.

LivePlanets, iPath Group and Hosting24-7 are all the same company.

But I have tried calling all of the phone numbers I could find and can not get through. The only good number I know of is 1-412-661-7375.

Come on guys we have to dig this up and find where they have gone!!! Let's keep trying!

We too are liveplanets resellers. Its 12.30am here (Australia) and we have been trying to contact them for the last 16 hours.

Have given up hope and started proceedings to move all our clients to another host. (Hence my being up in the wee small hours)

I have tried all the numbers and had zero response. I am quite frankly at a loss. I was quite hopeful that it might be a router problem, but it wouldn't appear to be unless someone can pin down Allegiance Communication and explain why the tracert bounces backwards and forwards between their routers (see my earlier post).

I am open to sugestions...

Exclamation I solved it.

Hey!! Good news.

I called their ISP like you listed above.

They guy I talked to actually said he talked with iPath earlier.
    He said that their service was cut off because of a billing issue, but that it should be back online soon.

I suggest that everyone call iPath / Liveplanets / etc and give them hell once this is over. I'm PISSED.

All I know about the company

This week when I tried to add an account, I received an error message that Hosting 24-7's CPanel distributorship had lapsed. Thinking about it now, maybe contacting CPanel would be a good place to start looking for a way to contact these people.

Following up on another error message a couple of days earlier, I ended up in the Better Business Bureau at bbb.org/about/notice.asp where a listing of trademark violators is shown. One of the Mbandis, owners of Hosting 24-7 is listed as violating TM by using BBB symbol without authorization. Secondarily, the hosting company is mentioned as having been reported several times by clients for poor customer service.

Hosting 24-7 changes its phone number frequently. The 412 661.7375 number is the last number I wrote down, but I believe that may have changed recently as well.

I'm sure that some of the company's staff are students at the University there in Pittsburgh. The U may provide assistance with contacting those people with an affilliation.

I'm not really ready for this, but I guess I need to make a change.

Well that's a start (and quite frankly a relief). The person you spoke to didn't happen to give you any indication as to how quickly the service would be resumed?

Thanks Trinity...

Too late for Liveplanets... we're on the move but at least theres some hope we will get our databases etc prior to leaving.

Well it's been a couple of hours and I still can't get through to them and things still aren't up yet.

Has anybody else heard anything else?

Cheers
    G

Angry

He said service should be resumed "shortly".

I don't know about the rest of you, but iPath ALWAYS makes a mistake in my billing... so it doesn't suprise me that they are having billing issues with their ISP.

Anyone else have billing problems with iPath?

I also think it's stupid that we had to get the story from their ISP!

So much for their up-time garuntee.

Originally posted by WildCard1999
    Well it's been a couple of hours and I still can't get through to them and things still aren't up yet.
    Just so you know, should you finally get hold of them, they have been down at least 20 hours

Exclamation

Actually it has been 26 hours....

Thumbs down Answer

I talked to iPath's ISP, and they said that iPath was cut off for not paying their bill.

They said that iPath has not yet called them back to pay the bill.

I've had it, I'm leaving LivePlanets/Hosting24-7 and will take my business elsewhere.

* Where?

Where, where, where to go. I need a good place to go. Any ideas?

LIVEPLANETS IS UP AGAIN....

But I would suggest taking your sites and running.

What I've learned about hosting 24-7/liveplanets

Hosting services are now functioning. In return for the sharing my post generated, I'd like to pass on some details of what I've learned about the company.

This week when I tried to add an account, I received an error message that this wasn't possible because Hosting 24-7's CPanel distributorship had lapsed and to contact the company.

Following up on another error message a couple of days earlier, I ended up in the Better Business Bureau at [www] bbb.org/about/notice.asp where a listing of trademark violators is shown. One of the Mbandis, owners of Hosting 24-7, is listed as violating TM by using the BBB symbol without authorization. Secondarily, the hosting company is mentioned as having been reported several times by clients for poor customer service.

Hosting 24-7 changes its phone number frequently. The 412 661.7375 number is the last number shown on the contact page but when I tried to phone it a week or two ago, it was hooked up to a fax line and calls could not get through. Support tickets I sent have not been properly followed up either.

It was a brilliant idea to phone the ISP for info. I thought of other ways of contacting members of the company. I'm sure that some of the company's staff are students at the University there in Pittsburgh, and the U might provide assistance with contacting those people. CPanel may have been another avenue to try for contact information.

I'm not really ready for this, but I guess I need to get ready to make a change of hosts. If you are having an excellent experience with a good service, your recommendation will be most welcome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast