Anybody know rack64.com?

I'm checking out rack64.com for a friend, and thought I would see what the WHT detective team has to say.

The first red flag is that they offer reseller hosting of 8G space and 16G transfer for $80 a year. The site says they are owned by tjhawkins.com which has some negative feedback on this forum, but the last threads I found were quite old.

They also state on their website that they own "the facilities and the servers". The DNS info seems to be anonymous, which could mean lots of things.

Anybody have any experience with them?

If you're getting bad vibes, I'd say look elsewhere. I wouldn't go with a provider unless I 100% trusted what they were telling me. If they own the facility, my first instinct would be to contact them and ask them to prove it. If they say it's a typo, I'd say it was an intentional typo, and I'd go find someone who I can trust. There are a number of reputable reseller providers here on WHT. You're going to get what you pay for .

Personally I have no interest in them for the reasons I outlined in my original post. However, I'm looking for actual feedback on them for somebody else.

I vote no........because they cant even afford a good looking template.....and because.....no leave it at that....no

Well, I use rack64.com and I am pleased with them. I am a student and can't afford to spend that much on webspace. The uptime may not be the best but it is good enough for what I need. I have a few customers I did websites for that are hosted there, and they are satisfied too.

Support is pretty good as well. I usually get a response within 48hrs.

They are also very nice and not too "big headed' to admit thier mistakes and even compensate thier customers in some way for them. But there have not been that many issues at all lately. About a year ago before they got thier own servers, there was a lot of downtime, but now its great, I have no complaints whatsoever.

I LOVE RACK64.com!

response within 48 hours in generally not good enough for most people

yea, its probably not for most but for me it is fine. I'd rather slow support than the much higher prices of other hosting companies.

I guess it is all about what you can tolerate in a hosting company. No problem is ever that big for me that I can't wait 48hrs for them to fix it. Plus, they mention that they only provide limited support, that is one way they keep the prices low. They have another site that provides better support but the prices are higher.

I also find that most of the time my support requests is stuff that I can fix myself so lately I have been just reseaching my problem before I contact them and I almost always find a solution without even having to submit a request to them.

Contact them and ask them for a customer/reference list that you can contact. This is the best way that I have found to get a good feel for any company I deal with.

JD

Here's the 100% on rack64.com. I've been using them for over 2 years ago now. When I first went with them I beleive they were renting some space they had no control over and yes there were some big downtime issues I had.

For the past year, I believe they have now purchased thier own servers and have access to them. I can happily say that they have had over 99% uptime in the past 12 months.

I was ready to pull the plug on them but they have really made some solid changes to thier service and I can personally recommend them now. I have a resellers account from them and have about 6 sites hosted on it and have had only minimal dowmtime that has been noticed (and beleive me i'm on my email all the time ).

Just my 2 cents