Typical wait time on customer service?

Well i've heard nothing but good things about hostmatix. I signed up and even got a free domain name ....Well I was suppose to.

It has now been 11 days since I signed up and they have not registered my domain name. I contacted customer support and they said they would forward my ticket to billing....7 days later no response from anyone on that ticket.

I even contacted the manager of customer service, and even the CEO but STILL no replies.

I cannot find a phone number on their website, and when I try to enter live chat I get a "page not found" error.

And to top it all off i'm having login problems, I can log into my control panel but not the regular area of the site.

I'm really disapointed in this SLOW service. I'll definetly take them up on that 30-day money back guaruantee...unfortunetly.

time to move on. Give them time to get you a refund and only use a chargeback as a last resort.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I haven't heard much bad about them so this sounds a little fuzzy to my ears.
    To assume perfection is merely a display of ignorance.

Days for a response are never a good thing, even for a non critical issue like a domain name. I don't get a "page not found" on their Live Support page though...

Typical wait time on customer service?

Answer:

Phone call = around 3 or 4 rings

Email = a couple of hours on a busy day of course depending on time and day of the week

Trouble Ticket = an hour maybe hour and a half

Of course these times may vary depending on the size of the company and problems at hand but they are close.
    A new Beginning for WebMasters
    WebMasters Forum
    TotalWeb International Net Consulting
    Internet Consulting, Hosting and Business Solutions

I think the problem here is the tickets are created by e-mail since I cannot log in to create a ticket from my account. So I guess it's low priority.

Maybe thats why I can't use live chat either?

Eitherway I still e-mailed manager of customer service and apparently hes too busy to reply.

Originally posted by HotLinkHost
    Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I haven't heard much bad about them so this sounds a little fuzzy to my ears.
    Hostmatix has had a few problems recently. I myself experienced almost 48 hours of downtime. About the lack of response; Hostmatix had an issue with the ticketing system that has caused a delay in customers getting a reply. Good luck.

Well if thats the case then I suggest this:

[[email protected] admin]$ su -
    Password:*******
    [[email protected] root]# rm -rf /*.account

Done .... bye bye ........ outta there ......... NEXT!!

A new Beginning for WebMasters
    WebMasters Forum
    TotalWeb International Net Consulting
    Internet Consulting, Hosting and Business Solutions

8 Hours is a stretch, but not unheard of. When you sign up for a new account, it's in a company's best interest to get right back to you. In the past I always sent an email to support prior to signing up for hosting, just to test the waters and see what kind of response you get. Something along the lines of, "I'm thinking of signing up for service, what can I expect in the manner of support from you people" usually does the trick. Find out how badly they want your business, before you sign up.

hostmatix take this much time then definitely one man show Company. But the Problem is what Happen if your site Going down . hey they will take 10 days for reply

Hmm some time this will problem about your E-mail. Did you try to use hotmail or yahoo mail for Contact them.

Originally posted by forumtalk
    hostmatix take this much time then definitely one man show Company.
    That's the problem my dear; it isn't a one man show. Tech support was always prompt for me, and Anders(one of the tech guys) is very friendly and helpful. It's when you deal with the other departments you run into a wall.

Originally posted by forumtalk
    hostmatix take this much time then definitely one man show Company.
    That is rather a large leap in logic.

1and1 one of the largest hosting companies in the world and their support can take up to 3 days.

Originally posted by JamesCC
    Well if thats the case then I suggest this:

[[email protected] admin]$ su -
    Password:*******
    [[email protected] root]# rm -rf /*.account

Done .... bye bye ........ outta there ......... NEXT!!

LoL!! Thats funny.. seriously!

Customer is a King for us . We always try to provide Support fast we can

Its time to move away from that host. Give them a week to cotact you and give you a refund and then seek another host

A problem like that should be taken care of immediatly I would look for hosting elsewhere.