computers with no gfx card

hey guys, was wondering how I would go about setting up a computer with no graphics card. Everytime i take it out it beeps a while at startup and doesnt load the rest.

I installd linux on a 366 mhz celeron that i had laying around as a foot rest, wanted ot practice some very basic server stuff with it, everything workd fine, ssh'd and telnet'd to it just fine, but i needed the graphics card from it. I tryd toying with bios as its obviously bios related, but didnt have any success... unless its not possible to run a computer without a graphics card o_o

does your motherboard have a built-in graphics chip?

AFAIK without a video card a common PC will not boot.

no it doesnt, it doesnt have anything except a ethernet card, a motherboard that with a small 128 mb stick of ram and like a paraell port, and a 200 watt psu

i guess ill ebay a crappy card and throw it in

Originally posted by projectpatch
    no it doesnt, it doesnt have anything except a ethernet card, a motherboard that with a small 128 mb stick of ram and like a paraell port, and a 200 watt psu

i guess ill ebay a crappy card and throw it in
    Wow, that's a powerful server .

I've tried something like that with an old Pentium 100 with 16MB RAM I had. When I bought it, it was top of line. Today, looks like my cel phone can process things faster then it