Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anyone else fed up with ServerMatrix?

After 4 days of waiting around for tickets to be responded to and calling them numerous times, I'm simply... tired... stressed and sleepy.

Essentially, nobody can tell me why the server went down, how future downtime could be prevented, why it's not coming back online after reboots, or even what HAPPENS after I request a reboot.

In 4 days, I've actually been able to use the server for about 10 hours at most. The setup took double the time the technician told me it takes. The bandwidth used is incorrect, and I was reassured during a phone call that it would be reset after the server was provisioned. No such thing happened. Provisioning only got put on queue after 4-6 phone calls. The CPanel license provisioning seemed to happen when I called after the 24 hours was up asking for status of it. Urchin still says there's no license.

Server went down, I filed reboot request and updated escalation procedure. Server was said to be rebooted, I waited, pinged the server, nothing. So I called, and it was rebooted again. Waited, pinged server, nothing. Then I called again, was told they were going to monitor the output on a monitor/console. Waited, tried again, nothing. So I called yet again, this time being put on hold until I got a message saying the call could not be routed and I should recall. So I did, and then was put on hold yet again for about half an hour before I hung up (trying doing nothing but hold a phone for half an hour waiting to be either disconnected or someone to reply, and you'll understand why).

Good prices for good specs on server, but when it's down more than it's up, it's not very useful to me, now is it?

According to http://www.servermatrix.com/about_us.html, it says that if you fail to deliver the level of service as promised, we get dollars off the bill... how does that work exactly? And would differing responses from different support staff, tickets that don't seem to be read until I call, and lengthy delays count as failing to deliver service?
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

I think they're having a little growth "sickness". What I mean is, they have to many signups, to little staff to take care of the customers and trouble getting the hardware. I suspect it can be quite hard to keep up with staff when you're in large growth. I beleive a number of webhosts are having this problem.

On the other side, I spoke to one of their sales people today and she had a really sexy voice- so I guess they're cool after all!

Their support is getting worst and worst... We have to call for updating ticket or saying sales that support doesn't update tickets. This one time and other time.

Their hardware and network is amazing but their support is getting worse

On the other side, I spoke to one of their sales people today and she had a really sexy voice- so I guess they're cool after all!
    funny.

I wouldn't know I ordered an unmanaged server and handle most of the stuff by myself. That's been working out for a long timeso I know some of the people in servermatrix. Never really had a problem with support they've handled whatever I needed in a timely manner. Really all the silver management covers is kernel upgrades and security patches and hardware replacement plus some reboots.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

I am definately sick of it. You can view the thread i posted earlier today.

Its funny how WHT works, one day everybody praising SM for all sort of things. Now I see nothing but complaining from everybody
    Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation

They expect too much for too little thats my personal analysis anyway.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.

Update:
    Jeff from ThePlanet called, and apologized. Said they installed on wrong port, and will waive setup fee as well.

So this will probably mean the end of the 4 days of stress and frustration that occurred.

Thanks to:
    Karen - for telling me that they haven't started provisioning and getting it provisioned (unlike the previous support person who said it was in middle of being provisioned)
    Jeff - for calling to give me the status of server, and being helpful on how to solve it

Originally posted by drhonk
    Its funny how WHT works, one day everybody praising SM for all sort of things. Now I see nothing but complaining from everybody
    Yes, now after Jeff called this guy, he will tell everybody how great SM is!

ewhost, why didn't you talk to Jeff before posting here? When you order a server you choose sales person and you can even call hom/her on a cell phone. It is even quicker than posting here. Too lazy? ...
    Last edited by null; 03-22-2004 at 09:44 PM.

I have found that Jeff is a stand up guy and really takes care of you.

Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    I have found that Jeff is a stand up guy and really takes care of you.
    lol

Well, sm seem pretty lazy sometimes. Oneday a kernel was panicing on a box. Box was down for 4+ hours. They kept asking my client did u change the kernel or anything. Which we didnt do in about 2 weeks anyways. But then the client contacts me to talk to them about the kernel. So i call them up and speak with the tech that was on the server. I asked him if he tried any of the other kernels on the box to see if they boot. He goes "oh no we didnt". Personally i think they should have booted into a older kernel and informed my client that they did so and that he would need to upgrade it
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

I really dont know why does anyone would make such a big issue and post threads like this.

Im still very happy with ThePlanet/ServerMatrix. Been with them for over a year now, before the SM line existed. Support is slow at times, however my experience is probably a bit more unique, in over a year I have only opened 12 tickets.

SM started to "maintain" too much downtime. Last Friday - 4 hours, Saturday - 12 hours effective downtime, today - since 00:13 GMT and still down.

Imago, have you done a traceroute to determine at which point you are experiencing the downtime.

Both my servers there including the SM Forum and SM main site is up for me. I have not encountered any downtime for quite a while now. None of my 3rd party monitoring services were reporting any errors of late.
    http://www.batchimage.com - Offering Batch Image Processing and TIFF/PDF Software Solutions

Originally posted by null
    Yes, now after Jeff called this guy, he will tell everybody how great SM is!

ewhost, why didn't you talk to Jeff before posting here? When you order a server you choose sales person and you can even call hom/her on a cell phone. It is even quicker than posting here. Too lazy? ...
    I never knew Jeff was so good at fixing things

as a sharp answer here,

am a bit upset yes but fedup no honestly i like the sales there
    http://boostdomain.com
    Affordable unlimited domain reseller plans
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers

Hi, Edwin!

Traceroute doesn't work:
    "Unable to resolve target system name"

This is by no means a network issue. It is only affecting my box. Probably short of RAM caused by Google-bombing...

This is the chronicle:

22.03.04 18:46 apache down and restarted
    22.03.04 18:46 cpsrvd down and restarted
    22.03.04 23:02 Orientalia Down (HyperSpin report)
    22.03.04 23:03 apache down and restarted
    22.03.04 23:03 cppop down and restarted
    22.03.04 23:03 cpsrvd down and restarted
    22.03.04 23:06 Orientalia Up (HS report)
    23.03.04 00:13 apache down and restarted
    23.03.04 00:14 Orientalia is DOWN (HS report)
    23.03.04 00:16 Orientalia is UP (HS report)
    23.03.04 02:13 server 69.93.206.xxx DOWN (HS report)

End of internal monitoring and external reporting, server is clinically dead.

PS. Time is EET (Eastern European Time)

Ticket answered 69 minutes (08.17) after opening it. Issue resolved in 7 minutes.

UP at Mar 23 2004 08:24:00 AM (GMT +2:00)
    Was down for: 06hr 10min (HS report)

Originally posted by Imago
    This is the chronicle:

server is clinically dead.

bus to bus ram to ram
    http://boostdomain.com
    Affordable unlimited domain reseller plans
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers

Originally posted by Boost
    bus to bus ram to ram
    All in perfect harm...
    ony!