Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation 100 years domain registration at NetSol

Hi there,

I have just received spam from Network Solutions letting me know they are now offering a domain registration period of 100 years (yep, that is a hundred years) for "just" $999. I first thought it was a scam or something but there it is, on their website:

http://www.networksolutions.com/en_U...-yr-term.jhtml

"PROTECT YOUR DOMAIN NAME REGISTRATION INTO THE NEXT CENTURY.
    Every day, companies lose their domain names by accident because they failed to renew. Protect your valuable online identity for 100 years and rest assured that it will be automatically renewed into the next century."

As if snapback was not enough to hurt pool.com & co, who is going to be around to try and catch the name in 2104? X)

Scary.

xport
    NameLead
    http://www.namelead.com
    Global Whois and ccTLD research services

ROFLMAO

I would not want to stay a single year with NetSol.

A domain name that you can pass on to other generations, sort of a family heirloom. hah
    Domain Maven

What if I transfer my domain name to another registrar?

It is important to note that your pre-paid 100 Year Domain Service is provided exclusively by Network Solutions for you, and will terminate upon any transfer of your domain name to another registrar, with no refunds. The number of registration years that transfer to a new registrar will be the current term of the registration at the time of transfer, as reflected in WHOIS.

Who guarantees that .com will still be around within 100 years, or even more realistic: who guarantees that Netsol isn't out of business by then ?

I would not waste the $$$. 10 years is enough for me
    Domain Maven

Originally posted by timechange.com
    ROFLMAO

I would not want to stay a single year with NetSol.
    Do you have any .com ?

Originally posted by Ashley1998
    Do you have any .com ?
    With NetSol? Not anymore.

With NetSol? Not anymore.
    all .com domain names are NetSol's.
    .net too by the way.

all .com domain names are NetSol's.
    .net too by the way.
    Actually, no. Verisign is the .com/.net Registry. Network Solutions is simply a Registrar.

Verisign has bought NetSol to get the registry. So, you think, that if it does not want the NetSol but at the same time it wants the registry? It is kinda illogical.

I can't see the Internet surviving that long. I think something will take its place. The Internet will be like those old Bulletin Board Systems we would use before the Internet took off

RMF

Verisign has bought NetSol to get the registry. So, you think, that if it does not want the NetSol but at the same time it wants the registry? It is kinda illogical.
    Old news: Verisign and NetSol are not sleeping in the same bed.
    Do some searching.

So, Verisign took part of NetSol, is that what you are saying?
    I am not following you.

http://www.teol.net/cms/view.php/2843.html
    So, .com registry has moved to
    Kralja Petra I Karađorđevića 109/III
    Banja Luka 78000
    Republika Srpska
    ?

Please give us a solid news that say that Verisign kept the registry and sold part of NetSol.

Man, you're hopeless....

You are mistaken. I am a woman.

networksolutions has been sold to another company.

so verisign doesn't own network solutions anymore.

something made me laugh:

Our Best Price.
    Lock in your domain registration for our lowest price available - just $9.99 a year. This is a savings of over 70% compared to paying annually.

LOL saving 70% ? thats only at NETSOL, WAKEUP GUYS its $8 in most places these days
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

Originally posted by Bashar
    networksolutions has been sold to another company.

so verisign doesn't own network solutions anymore.
    So, who owns .com and .net registry?
    NetSol was suppose to own .net until 2008 according to ICANN. And there were no timeline on .com.

Verisign owns .com and .net registry
    http://www.verisign.com/nds/naming/registrar/

networksolutions became regular registrar just like any other registrar now since it was sold as per the news.
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

How can you divide one company in two parts and sell one part anyway? So, now, verisign has unlimited rights to all .com and .net? Will they loose .net in 2008?

Here is what I think:
    1. timechange is not right because we have the same NSI's registry. NSI has created it and, most likely, the same NSI's people work to support that old registry.
    2. In the documents, the name of the registry was changed to Verisign's in order to avoid loosing the registries as ICANN was pushing on that.
    When .org registry was taken away from NSI Versign decided to get rid of NSI name to keep .net and .com to itself.

yeah could be, nice trick to not lose .com and .net

Is it so hard to believe that Verisign (which once bought NSI), now sold it and is now only the registry?
    Sure, there will most probably be lots of the same people that worked for NSI years ago that now work for Verisign. But the point remains: they are different companies again and at the current time don't have much todo with eachother. I don't think the reason why Verising sold NSI (maybe because they could otherwise lose the registry-job) does really matter.

My guess is that timechange likes nor NSI nor Verisign, like most of us around here. So if that's what you're looking for...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast