FDCServers.net STOLE my server

i have send my server to this provider in begining of jan. and 5 days later they have disconnected my server and say that my server wasnt there anymore. By the time, i have send alot of emails without reply from them. They dont want to talk to me anymore. Im waiting since now to have news about my server.

I have called the FBI in Chicago to know if they are receive my server by any chance but they dont have receive anything about my server. So now , what to do , i have all pictures of all my hardwares with serials numbers. i have my monthly payment on my visa to proof that FDCserver have take money from me and i have the proof of my shipping with Purolaters.

I have called FDC and i always fall on responder and they dont call me back.

What a bench of stupide guys out there.

what do i need to do now ?
    Last edited by nuxil; 03-22-2004 at 05:22 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Just to clarify...did they actually receive your server and disconnect it? Or did they not even get it in the mail? Two very different responses could be given...
      0 Not allowed!

What exactly are they telling you?
      0 Not allowed!

what kind of server do you have? what kind of data did you store in your server?
    P4HOST.COM -- Specialize in quality Web Hosting solutions.
    Affordable -- Prices are very comparative
    Reliable -- Very low load average guaranteed. 60 day money back. Fast Support --Support Forum -- Providing hosting since 2003
      0 Not allowed!

From my dealings with FDC they have always been fair and always get back to me in a reasonable amount of time, so I do find it somewhat hard to believe this. My main question is, why did you send it to FDC when they do free FedEx pickup, which would have guaranteed prompt delivery? Has there been any proof of delivery?

Also, your spelling and grammar is poor and you gave a very poor description of what has happened, making it hard for us to believe you.

Just a couple things, why call the FBI, what would they know or care? They gave you a phone number? As a customer with them for ages they haven't given me a phone number, so I'm not surprised they're not responding to that. Who is Purolaters? As long as you have nothing that says they actually got the server you're going to have problems.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers
      0 Not allowed!

LOL this person sent in server with 10 x 160GB HDDs and guess everybody what were those HDDs filled up with ?

The server was turned over to special agent Chris Scott with Chicago`s FBI office and we have a signed receipt for it.

This is not first time we handed of warez server to FBI and I am sure it wasn`t last. Let this be a warning to anybody who wants to host warez on our network. We have no desire to end up as FOONET did.
    Petr Kral - FDCServers.net LLC
    Los Angeles - Seattle - Denver - Chicago - Miami- New York - Paris - London - Madrid - Amsterdam - Frankfurt - Vienna - DATACENTERS
    10+Tbps of internet connectivity --- 10G, 20G, 40Gbps unmetered services in 17 US & EU locations
      0 Not allowed!

admins please edit the topic , it`s slanderous and untrue
    Los Angeles - Seattle - Denver - Chicago - Miami- New York - Paris - London - Madrid - Amsterdam - Frankfurt - Vienna - DATACENTERS
    10+Tbps of internet connectivity --- 10G, 20G, 40Gbps unmetered services in 17 US & EU locations
      0 Not allowed!

I would just assume close this topic mods.
      0 Not allowed!

Topic line edited.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by bummer6666
    LOL this person sent in server with 10 x 160GB HDDs and guess everybody what were those HDDs filled up with ?

The server was turned over to special agent Chris Scott with Chicago`s FBI office and we have a signed receipt for it.

This is not first time we handed of warez server to FBI and I am sure it wasn`t last. Let this be a warning to anybody who wants to host warez on our network. We have no desire to end up as FOONET did.
    Wow, lucky you guys don't have a privacy policy.

I'm sure special agent Chris Scott would be oh so pleased that your disclosing this information to a public forum which could potentially cause problems for their prosecution
    http://www.eBoundary.com - Let us help you expand your eBoundaries!
    Fast, Secure and reliable FreeBSD shared, reseller and dedicated hosting.
    FREE Peace of mind with every account!
      0 Not allowed!

I think the point bummer6666 was making is that warez is something that FDC will not have.

But I agree with "Velostream" a pointless thread.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by eBoundary
    Wow, lucky you guys don't have a privacy policy.

I'm sure special agent Chris Scott would be oh so pleased that your disclosing this information to a public forum which could potentially cause problems for their prosecution
    I've seen a lot of hosts publicly post when a server has been siezed, and have usually listed the Special Agent in charge of the case, as well as even contact info for the agent sometimes.

-Josh
      0 Not allowed!

just because a lot of people do it does not make it right.
      0 Not allowed!

So it makes it wrong? Why is it wrong to put that on a public forum? Is it wrong for it to be displayed in a public newspaper in the crime section?
      0 Not allowed!

There is a big difference. When you see it in the news paper the case has either been settled or is in the prosecution stage at which point the case files are public record.

Obviously if the owner of the machine has not been notified of the machine seizer by law enforcement then there is no way the information is public record as such it should not be brought into it. The provider should not be the one to bring this information into the public record, they have complied with their legal obligations and they should leave it at that.

If you *must* address an issue such as this, IMO it is more prudent to state that the issue is being dealt with, the user has been contacted privately in regards to this issue as it is not something that we wish to disclose in an open forum.

Obviously my opinion and business ethics differ from a lot of people on these forums as such I've said my piece and I wont be beating a dead horse and taking the thread off topic any more, so I'm bowing out of this thread now.

Have a great night
      0 Not allowed!

Nuxil, you amaze me.
      0 Not allowed!

I figured it was something like that, as FDC's support has always been good and response times superb. Wouldn't imagine they'd ever do such a thing without a good reason, and this sounds like a good reason :-)
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers
      0 Not allowed!

i have called to the fbi office and they dont have anything to my name out there.

they said that they didnt receive anything from FDC.

So if FDC have shipped the server to the FBI i need proof of it.

i juste want to know where is it.

By the way , there were any warez things on the server , the server was online only 4 or 5 days then they disconnected the server. it was made for my friend s compagny (Canning inc) for backup files and web site. it has not 10 Hds but 8 hd of 160 gig in mirroir. (640Gig)

Hard drive cost is very low , so i juste fill it up with his maximum room.

if the Fbi dont have the server . who have it now ...

sorry for my english as you can see my first language its french.

So bummer6666 Send me proof of what you say.
      0 Not allowed!

What makes a Special Agent special?
    The Hostworks:: Offering Managed and Unmanaged VPS
    Shared Web Hosting and Managed E-Mail security services.
    24/7 Support :: 10 year anniversary coming soon!
      0 Not allowed!

On a more serious note.. Why is this issue between FDCServers and nuxil being discussed publicly on here? Pick up a phone and settle this like professionals.
    The Hostworks:: Offering Managed and Unmanaged VPS
    Shared Web Hosting and Managed E-Mail security services.
    24/7 Support :: 10 year anniversary coming soon!
      0 Not allowed!

this is hardly a place to discuss this and there isn`t much to discuss.

you`ve been served with all information in regards to your server in January.
    Last edited by bummer6666; 03-23-2004 at 02:59 PM.
      0 Not allowed!