New York's Capital District

This is great ...

Sorry if this has been posted before ....

A young woman was about to finish her first year of college. Like so many others her age she considered herself to be a very liberal Democrat and was for distribution of all wealth. She felt deeply ashamed that her father was a rather staunch Republican, which she expressed openly.

One day she was challenging her father on his beliefs and his opposition to higher taxes on the rich, more welfare programs and larger government. In the middle of her heart felt diatribe based upon the lectures she had from her far left professors at her school, he stopped her and asked her point blank, how she was doing in school. She answered rather haughtily that she had a 4.0 GPA, and let him know that it was tough to maintain. That she had to study all the time, never had time to go out and party like other people she knew. She didn't even have time for a boyfriend and didn't really have many college friends because of spending all her time studying. That she was taking a more difficult curriculum.

Her father listened and then asked, "How is your friend Mary." She replied, "Mary is barely getting by", she continued, "all she has is barely a 2.0 GPA" adding, "and all she takes are easy classes and she never studies." But to explain further she continued emotionally, "But Mary is so very popular on campus, college for her is a blast, she goes to all the parties all the time and very often doesn't even show up for classes because she is too hung over."

Her father then asked his daughter, "Why don't you go to the Dean's office and ask him to deduct a 1.0 off your 4.0 GPA and give it to your friend who only has a 2.0." He continued, "That way you will both have a 3.0 GPA and certainly that would be a fair and equal distribution of GPA." The daughter visibly shocked by the fatherís suggestion angrily fired back, That wouldn't be fair! I worked really hard for mine, I did without and Mary has done little or nothing, she played while I worked real hard!"

The father slowly smiled and said, "Welcome to the Republican Party."
    Know It All Solutions Incorporated
    Web Design, Web Development and Web Hosting

A pretty interesting logic.

This has been posted once before. The response to it was quite revealing:

originally posted by kclass:

and the father, an obvious Republican who probably also did poorly in college, failed as a mentor, while the wise, thoughtful Democratic Uncle came to her and said;

'You say Mary is your friend? Prove it! Why don't you take a few hours out of each week and help her so her grades improve and I bet her drinking subsides as she gains self-esteem. If that happens (reward model) I will fund you both to start a venture and with your brains and her charm, you two could make a million before you graduate, pay me back (with interest of course) and go on to run a large corporation, employ other classmates and enjoy a rich productive life together, as a team, and both of you would benefit far more than if you work seperately and you, caring Niece, will have learned the value of such left-wing philosophies such as educating the poor, helping those who have addictions to heal and extending a hand to those you would call your friend.'