review my nub site please :)

hello everyone, as i have just started ot get the hang of photoshops layers and usage of gradients and blends....

please tell me what you think of the following design:

www.ubega.com (the index.htm has the image there, this a html with sliced gparhics yet etc....)

im looking for any critiques i can get... and maybee a list of great places to read up on tutorials ::))

Thanks again guys.....

Zero0ne

EDIT: site seems to be giving me problems.... 500 server error....
    ill see what i can do about this... (hopefully its just temporary as it was up as of 3am EST)

Is it a template? It sure seems like one.

If it isn't.... it's not too bad a design. Might be a little "busy" with all the boxes you seem to have planned. Do some rollover images on the nav at the top... like have the white text fill in with a color or something. Keep it appealing and simple. Good luck. :-)

yeah for now its a template sor to speak... i want it to do certian things (rollovers etc...) but i need to get it filled with content ASAP and get it out there so i can get members for the club....

any critiques on the color usage etc??

any would be appreciated...

P.S. it "will" be a template like setup... i havent really brought all the slicing into dreamweaver yet thats later tonight
    (or at work tomorrow, while i should be rebuilding infected blackice machines )

Get rid of the pattern on the top and replace it with a solid colour. Change your navigation font to something more sleek like Arial and decrease the size. Also change the box header fonts too (Arial)

Wish you the best of luck.

ty ty

changing the fonts and size was one of the more commented things so ill be getting on that asap

thanks again
    (and yeah i sorta dont like the pattern on the top )

Get a nice logo into there!
    Other than that.. looks alright!

[ARGGGH!!! 90 second rule!!!]

Small thing...if you must use boxes, line them up!

The main content boxes should be lined up to the right the same distance from the right edge as the "Reviews" box. and to the left with the "Events" box.

The eye will more naturally scan down the page if things are easy to look at, and flush boxes help in this sort of design.
    Kinkamono Internet Services - The Internet. Done Right.
    Dive In...

also on a side note about lining em up... makes it much easier for slicing

that will be done soon enough.. ill hopefully be getting content for this one currently and then completely redesigning the entire site layout....