Free Security Audit

Here is the deal, I will do a free unix security audit on your unix/linux machines, with a full report on problems and fixes. In return I get experience on my resume, and a reference for future (hopefully paid) jobs. Who knows, you might want to keep me on :-)

Feel free to ask me any questions, I also have references I can refer you too.

This is a great oppritunity for us both :-)

-Martin

not sure people want to allow a person with 1 post to exploit their servers..just a thought

Originally posted by LZHost
    not sure people want to allow a person with 1 post to exploit their servers..just a thought
    I can see your concern, but there will be no exploitation, its a audit, not a hack your way in to see whats wrong. I can understand the one post things, thats what I mentioned references.

Do you use progams, self taught knowledge, or are you accredited from any specific organizations?

Sent you a PM, but apparently you don't have enough posts to allow reading yet!!

Originally posted by epgs
    Do you use progams, self taught knowledge, or are you accredited from any specific organizations?
    All three actually,

Most of it is self taught knowledge, and the programs are just things like nmap, which makes the process quicker. Then reading through security lists, and other websites cross checking my findings for vunerabilities.

I took some classes at school, about information assurance, lan and wan firewalls. But the self taught knowledge far exceeds that.

-Martin

Do you require local access to the server? And what do you need in return other than adding to your portfolio?

I don't need access to the local server, but it makes for a more through test. Other than that, I don't need anything. Unless you are giving out freebies :-P

I think by the local access question, is if they don't know you (only have 5 posts) then giving an account on a server is kinda risky. Plus you really need to trust security auditors as they won't leave open a backdoor, just for themselves, later.