First of all please not that I am not trying to sell anything to you.
I just want to make a business proposal to hosting companies!
I am the owner of www.osCoders.biz a website (no. 1 in providing osCommerce templated stores or so called osCommerce templates ).
I plan to set-up a such colaboration with hosting companies so I can offer $5 - $30 in credits on my site for their customers (the ammount depend of the way this ofer is advertised and the medium hosting package the hosting provider has on offer).
- As long as almost any hosting provider offer the Fantastico package, too (including osCommerce script) I think it is a good idea to point your customers to an osC templates provider.
- As long as your customers will get a non-neglijable free value I think this will benefit to the hosting provider "reasons to buy" list and will help your customers to make the decission.
- As long as these days I have under development the new order system for my website I tought it is better to have discussions with interested people before I complete the development.
Thank you very much for your time and I'll look forward for your interesting replays.
Your looking to colaborate with companies and offering them only 5$ to 30$ credit on templates that go from 170$ and up on your main page? I would think if you were really trying to colaborate w/ the host you would offer a much greater value - just my opinion.
I do NOT offer any money to the hosting company in this certain proposal.
What I mean is I want to offer $5 - $30 (in credits for my website) to the customers of those companies (marketing mix).
This is different like the affiliate program style.
Anyway, I can inform you that I offer 30% to my resellers (which I think is pretty good in the market).
But, once again, the affiliate program and offer is NOT the subject of this topic.
I am very sorry is I wasn't very clear from the first place.
Providing special offers for the customers of a partner company is a very well known practice in the Internet business (at least). Please look at:
- TemplateMonster.com offering months of hosting for free or discounts for some Internet services;
- The much commented 1&1 marketing campaign offered for customers some $$ for AdWords and still offer commercial software for free for their customers.
All there beside their own services.
... but out there are tons of examples.
In business it is a wrong question to ask "why I shoud send you some traffic?".
I think you should ask yourself if your potential customers will have one more reason to buy from you or not? If this will add some value to your offer or not?
So, after all you will not "promote my product for me and I give you nothing " BUT "you will have a more valuable offer to present your customers" which should mean more customers for you.
I appologise if I look like a "business teacher" because it is not in my intention.
I just try to present the logic of my proposal and to asure you this is a very common way for partnership.
Also, you asked me why the reselling way isn't better for you? Because it is not an option.
I already explained in this thread that the reselling is not part of my proposal here because I don't have an "open to all" reselling programm.
My reselling partners now has a dedicated business for this field.
I only provided the reselling discount here because I were asked to explain in a previous post.
I hope my answers are acceptable for you. If not please let me know and I'll be here to hear and learn.