Questions Regarding Internet Radio

Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could help me with some questions regarding interent radio?

I-e what would I need for my own radio show?

It wouldn't be a 24/7 show maybee certain times of the day 3 or 4 days of the week.

Music/chat/debate (soccer/football related)

Would I need space on another server etc.

What if any equipment would i need.

Any ideas on cost (is this an expensive idea)

Cheers

Well you would need a computer at the place if it was live. You would need space yes lol. Plenty of bandwidth depending on how many listeners, and yes expensive idea. You need a semi-ded. server if you are going to have alot of listeners. How many listeners wold it have?

I would assume between 10-20 listners with a growing market.

What kinf of cost woulf this entail!! Maybee something for the future then if it's a bit costly just now

Well what kind of quality of audio
    20 listeners at cd quality would run you 100$ a month at least on some hosts

Well qaulity is not the most important certainly doesn't have to be CD qaulity as Id hope to maybee have some music, some sports stories and maybee a phone in etc etcwhich would runalongsde my site

Well if quality isnt that important then you can get 20 listeners for around 50$ a month

Is that set up and everything?

No setup is around $250

Oh well back to the drawing board for me then, cheers

The best way is to do not live shows, offer them for d/l, then you only pay for regular hosting, many many times chepaer. Plus as many people as you want can hear it. Is being live really that important?

Probably not although I wouldnt want a massive dealy as I wouldn't mind having up to date news

Check out Live365.com. They have everything you need to get going and offer some of the best prices around.
    John
    Business & eCommerce Web Hosting, Site Development & Marketing eSolutions
    eSolutions.net

If you set it up yourself, and got a dedicated server then it wouldent be nearly as expensive and you could run it at CD Quality, and run a website.

Check out:
    http://servermatrix.com/servers.html
    http://ev1servers.net/english/index.asp
    http://www.managed.com/celeron60.htm

Skip the music or outsource to a company that already paid the license fees. The license fees for streaming music over the web is very expensive.

If you want to do Live Radio you need computer with Good Internet Connection

If you Have Good DSL or Cable Connection then you can do it On you PC so you don't need to Pay for host your streaming. you can get shoutcast free

Ex: if you have 512K Uplink Then you can stream 32k for 12 users or 64k for 6 users.

forumtalk,

I am wondering how we setup Live radio from home? what kind of software do we need? I am just curious.

Thanks!

oh This is Very Easy Thing. you can do it from your home PC.

Ex: you only need windows os (98 , 2000 , XP ) , winamp , shoutcast & Good mic for you + Also good DSL

even 166Mhz Will ok for this

http://www.shoutcast.com/support/docs/ Read This

if you need help PM me hey We have setup Live radio for us do you like Check this www.nilwalaradio.com

Thanks for the info,

I am not sure if using home DSL is allowed b/c it will use lots of bandwidth and home account is not for it.

Nice music, I am listening to it although i can't understand a thing
    Music is universal language

Thanks , yes you have to ask your ISP before Doing it.

Also you can Buy small Server from manged or nocster. cost will be around $60 then No need to ask from you Local ISP

you can do 24kbps 120 users