Question dns taking 4 days to update?

I just transferred a domain over from another registar, I had the dns updated to my ns's a day before the transfer, Its been over 4 days and its still bouncing between their parked page and the actual site. (still waiting on the pending registar acceptance)

anyone ever see it take this long before?

Normally I see all changes done in less then 2 days.

Thanks!!

its happening on one of my sites too... i changed DNS servers and it still has not resolved yet... dunno what's going on

I registered 3 names through Godaddy this weekend and all had propagated within 24 hours.

All depends on your ISP and is they keep all of their DNS caches in sync - which it sounds like they don't, which is common practise, you'll just have to wait till all of your ISPs DNS caches have expired the old information.
    Karl Austin :: KDA Web Services Ltd.
    UK Business Hosting and Managed Servers - Hosting for Business Users :: 0800 5429 764
    Call us today and ask about our hosting solutions.

Yep, most of mine take less then 24 hrs also through godaddy.

this one was from reggie.ca being transferred to godaddy.

I had one problem with godaddy where it got 'stuck' or something. There was nothing godaddy could do except let it work itself out.
    9/11 Memorial, do you have a story to tell?
    United Web Site Award Givers, do you believe your site is worthy of an award?

i have a .com.mx that i changed the DNS and i checked the site right after (1 minute, not more!!) and it had already changed :O :O NEVER had happened so fast

and a .com domain took a bit more than 2 days.. which is the usual

Most Time DNS will be change 24-48 hours for us. But one of Time I have Change Nameserver with Godaddy, after 2 days nothing Changes . So I have update nameserver again. When I log out it will reset it again to Old one so I Contact godaddy about this matter.

Most of the responses here refer to new registrations. In the case of a transfer things can be very different. The ICANN rule for transfers is that the NS information must not change during the transfer. Many registrars impose a further period of 5-30 days cooling off period to limit domain theft where the nameservers cannot change.

If you changed the NS with the previous registrar and then transferred the domain before that change propogated you may be hosed.

Aaron

With a Namecheap NS transfer, it took 3 days. With Registerfly, it took 24 hours. That is just my experience though.