Adwords - do they work for you?

I hope this is the right place for this question. I recently (about 3 days) started an Adwords account with Google. I checked it today and its reporting almost 1,000 impressions.

I can't for the life of me see them myself So far, one click (yippee!).

Anyone else found this service to be a value add to their business?
    9/11 Memorial, do you have a story to tell?
    United Web Site Award Givers, do you believe your site is worthy of an award?

Adwords is a great system, however, many people will tell you it's a waste of money for advertising web hosting. Adwords are going for as high as $5 in the first few positions. You may be receiving 1,000 impressions, however, your advertisement is probably listed at the bottom. Google also has a minimum impression/click ratio, and will probably cancel your campaign soon.

I cancelled my campaign after 6 hours or so. Google was sending me email messages about some error. It's annoying that I paid money and was not getting the exposure promised.
    Sara

Sara Nelson Photography Preserving your moments since 1973.

Google adwords is for big fishes and i have heard the same kind of problems. do not go there. Rather you would advertise on this forum since it is totally targetted.

Do not make this kind of expensive mistakes again.

take care

Adwords can do miracles, at least for me

Carefully research your keywords and don't go for overcrowded ones...

I went on a 'no big loss' plan, investing just a little to see what becomes of it. I agree with several statements above, the 'big fishes' probably make much better use of it.

Most of my customers come from word of mouth and I imaging thats the way it will always be.

I doubt I'll renew my adwords for another month unless lightening strikes

They got me 4 fraud orders, no real ones.. Waste of 200$.
    The Hostworks:: Offering Managed and Unmanaged VPS
    Shared Web Hosting and Managed E-Mail security services.
    24/7 Support :: 10 year anniversary coming soon!

We spend a few hundred $ a month on adwords. Find the right keywords and they will work well for you.
    Steve

Originally posted by thehostworks
    They got me 4 fraud orders, no real ones.. Waste of 200$.
    me Too

I've been running them for about 2 weeks now and haven't received a single enquiry or sign up because of them.

Wow, after reading the experiences of others I'm glad I did not invest but a minimal amount of money. I'm cancelling my account.

They are great in bringing people sometimes. But for those who think it's expensive, wait till you see overture
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

i have wandered what the disadvantages of being at the bottom of adwords is, like you payless for being down there but dont you still get the same amount of clicks? how are these vistors worth less?

This is one of the toughest things to overcome. Adwords is great, by all accounts, but one thing I've found that works is to search out people that you know that have high traffic sites and do banner swaps with them.

Adwords is great for those who know how to use it. You will never get anywhere without taking risks and investing in this business.

-Aeyo
    Last edited by aeyo; 03-23-2004 at 05:43 PM.

Adwords a great for those who have a large buget.

I see many good points for adwords but i have noticed a problem on the other end (webmasters) as most of the clicks you will recieve are incentivized (spelled wrong i think). Though they keep a ver good eye on it it still is not the best way to advertise. The best way is highly targeted advertising (like here for wbhosts) and banner impression payments as CPC programs usually dont work as well as one would think. Just my opinion.

Actually, if you ask me WHT is an awful place to advertise It's an overly saturated market with cut-throat price competition and users that seem to keep going for that $1.99/mo host

But, to stay on topic, Adwords does moderately well for us. Word of mouth of course is still the absolute best.
    Matt Walters
    http://mattwalters.net/ - Weblog

Knowing the experiences of others, I can make out.. Adwords is good if you have a good budget and A proper research on keywords is what you need.
    Though it is expensive but has a great reach and easy to use and manage.
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com