xxxxxxxx.xxx is being transferred away

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 10:33 AM
    To: [email protected]
    Subject: xxxxxxxx.xxx is being transferred away

Dear Customer,

We have received a request to transfer the domain name xxxxxxxx.xxx to Wild West Domains, Inc. As the legal registrant of this domain name, only you can authorize such transfer.

If you did not request this transfer please contact us immediately so we can reject this request. You can contact us by visiting the help section on our web site at http://www.enom.com.

If no further action is taken, this domain name will transfer away on 03/25/2004.

Sincerely,
    eNom, Inc.

and guess what ?
    Domain Name: xxxxxxxx.xxx
    Registrar: WILD WEST DOMAINS, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.wildwestdomains.com
    Referral URL: http://www.wildwestdomains.com
    Name Server: NS1.xxxxxxxx.xxx
    Name Server: NS2.xxxxxxxx.xxx
    Updated Date: 20-mar-2004
    Creation Date: 15-may-2001
    Expiration Date: 15-may-2007

the domain is already transferred on 20th Mar 2004

how come and i didn't get any notice although the domain was LOCKED at my enom account ??

this is the second time i lose a domain being tranferred out of my enom account!

enom needs to fix their security ASAP!!!
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

This really sucks man. Was it yours/your clients? You better contact Enom fast.

I have noticed the lock function does not work very well with all registrars.

i contacted them already, but this is the 2nd time happens to me! especially for my customer's domains

and regarding the registrar LOCK its from the registry not the registrar.
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Originally posted by Bashar

and regarding the registrar LOCK its from the registry not the registrar.
    Yeah, that's what I meant

If it was your customers then maybe they initiated it the transfer? Are you saying it was stolen?

This gets me nervous, what kind of security controls does enom have in place?
    Domain Maven

dmaven - That is why I asked the question above. I have never had a problem with eNom, GD or Tucows concerning this issue.

I have never had an issue with them but this troubles me somewhet since I have a pretty large portfolio.
    Domain Maven

another example of why I seriously consider to from now on register with a registrar that uses paperworks for transfers. Much safer !

It still needs email authorization by the Admin contact.

Originally posted by timechange.com
    It still needs email authorization by the Admin contact.
    Yes, I find this strange.
    You got the email, but you should get instructions on clicking on a link and picking accept or decline or something of that nature.

they cant tell you that they are moving your domain, and if they shouldnt you should tell them so.

they need to ask you for confirmation.

IWDN - Really smart web developers... and me!
    More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads.
    One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
    Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly.

What is odd that you got notified they were being transferred AFTER they were transferred to WWD. What kind of "heads up" is that?
    Domain Maven

Quality web hosting PullHost.com

Bashar - let us know the explanation enom provides on how this is possible, I am sure others would like to know
    Domain Maven

I for one would definately like to know and I sincerely hope you get it back ASAP.

this is not the first time happens to me and thanks for registerfly pushed the domains back after confirming.

but this one the domain was LOCKED i'm 100% sure and customer does have the admin contact but with no password access!

and i never received an email.

as you can see the warning email was AFTER the domain was transferred!

i'll wait for enom hopefully they answer today/tomorrow

I know you have experienced the same trouble at eNom 2 weeks ago.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=244860

Please let me know what eNom said at that time.

enom never replied on that issue since the domain was pushed back by registerfly.

Originally posted by Bashar

but this one the domain was LOCKED i'm 100% sure and customer does have the admin contact but with no password access!

and i never received an email.
    So your saying your customer does not have control of their domain? Did you contact the customer? I would be knocking on your door if it was mine.

the customer did transfer it to his godaddy's account, but the question how?

even if he has full email address access but it was locked and no password was set and it was LOCKED.

and the type of email you see above is kinda weird never got such email from enom!

No offense but I think the customer should be able to move their domains if they desire. Concerning the LOCK...? I had some domains spread across various eNom accounts that were locked and I was able to push them around but have always had to unlock to transfer out.

the customer did not have an enom account it was in my etp account.

the thing is how he was able to transfer it out without my confirmation.

could it be he contacted enom?

i'm still waiting for enom's reply, damn they are SO SLOW

This issue is like 2 weeks old and they still have not gotten back to you? This is sloooowww support
    Domain Maven

Are you in good terms with your client? If not... (for whatever reason, not me to judge), then perhaps he/she initiated a transfer procedure behind the "scene", perhaps even complaining to icann...? Just my guess...

Perhaps the client submited fax id so to turn around the lock and email contact address? (seem they would not trust you in that case though...)

If you are in good terms with your client, then I have no idea

not 2 weeks old, the 2 weeks issue was solved, this is NEW!

enom never does anything to resellers unless they are inactive for long period (out of business) and after several attempts to contact the reseller.

ill wait for their reply.

Hmm I had an odd issue with Enom recently; the mass edit feature didn't seem to affect .org domains. Any ideas?

Did Enom ever reply to the issue, Bashar?
    >> MyHost4Life <<
    Professional, Competitively Priced Hosting Services.
    Guaranteed 99.9% Uptime with 24/7 Live Support!
    http://myhost4life.com/

Originally posted by timechange.com
    Hmm I had an odd issue with Enom recently; the mass edit feature didn't seem to affect .org domains. Any ideas?
    I find their mass/bulk features only work 50% of the time
    Domain Maven

no answer yet! and ticket got closed!

reopening new request!

I had a similiar issue, some of my auth codes were not showing up for .org names I opened a ticket, did not hear a peep. 2 weeks later I check it it was closed no action done. It seems unless you get on the phone and call (and wait 45 minutes) nothing ever gets done
    Domain Maven

45 call from kuwait? that would cost something

i think since it was transferred to the customer himself seems he had removed the lock and transferred it, although he had NO ACCESS at all to password, but maybe contacted enom and did it for him.

lets wait for enom's final answer and see..

Good luck, let is know when/if they reply to you
    Domain Maven

--- Agent Reply: Joanne Tucker - 3/29/2004 9:26 AM ---

Hello Bashar,

Again, we do not track transfers away from eNom. Please contact WildWestDomains for additional information regarding transfer approval and the like.

Thank you.
    Joanne Tucker
    Technical Support & Services
    www.enom.com
    ICANN Accredited Registrar

what an answer!!!

It is becoming very typical of their vague and crappy support they provide and it only took 3 weeks for it
    Domain Maven