Is Google Suppressing My Site?

I've read where certain things tend to make Google supress a website from the search engines. Is that true?

The reason I ask is I started ClanWebHosting.com and GuildWebHosting.com as a single hosting company. Both domains are independent, but point to the same site. I use it as a dual marketing method to reach gamers.

When I started, the site was a PR5 right off the bat and I was listed as 3 and 4 when searching the terms "clan web hosting". After the next to last dance, I dropped off the face of the earth. I looked through the first 20 pages and nothing. I did a subsearch and I showed up, so I know I'm in there. After the last dance, I dropped from a PR5 to a PR4.

What I am curious about, is with the name ClanWebHosting.com, I should hold a lot of weight with that particular search. I'm just not sure why I would drop so drastically, so fast without a particular reason. Is the dual domain hurting me in Googles eyes?

Any suggestions? I really need to get back to the top of that listing because it was bringing in customers.

Thanks,
    Atomm Nihilo | GamersRadio.com | Joomla Game Templates
    Arcade Games Directory |RTFG.net - Read The Fing Google!

Originally posted by Atomm
    What I am curious about, is with the name ClanWebHosting.com, I should hold a lot of weight with that particular search.
    The domain name carries very little weight, actually. The main strength of it can be that it makes it more likely to get backlinks using that phrase in anchor text -- but in fact you have very few links of any kind. That's probably a big part of your problem... another weakness is that there's very little text of any kind on your home page, which makes it difficult to rank that page. Your "about" page, as an example, has a good amount of text that could he optimized, but doesn't include the phrase "clan web hosting" at all.

The phrase you're targeting isn't particularly competitive, so you could almost certainly improve your positioning by implementing some of the basics of optimization.
    I'm just not sure why I would drop so drastically, so fast without a particular reason. Is the dual domain hurting me in Googles eyes?
    Two domain pointing to the same site isn't a good idea (from an SEO standpoint, regardless of your other marketing reasons for doing it), because any search engine's goal will be do identify the duplicate content and rank only one of each page. It doesn't appear to be affecting you at Google, though -- yet.

The reason for the drop? Two things, I'd guess at just a glance: your PageRank decreased markedly (for whatever reason; maybe you lost a link or two, or a site linking to you suffered a PR drop so isn't helping you as much), and there were significant changes to Google's ranking approach. Results for a lot of queries changed quite a bit. That's going to keep happening -- "standing pat" is rarely going to work in SEO, you have to watch the changes and react to them.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.

Re: Is Google Suppressing My Site?

Originally posted by Atomm
    The reason I ask is I started ClanWebHosting.com and GuildWebHosting.com as a single hosting company. Both domains are independent, but point to the same site. I use it as a dual marketing method to reach gamers.
    I don't think Google love duplicated content.

dual domains shouldn't make any difference. Just have lots of inbound links and you should be fine and have good content

Atomm, how long has your site been listed on google? When a web site is first getting listed on google it will often have an inflated link and then bounce around a bit before finally settling to some degree.

The best thing for you to do, as Bub Host mentioned, is to get lots of inbound links and make sure google is reaching your site from other "quality" (see non link farm) web sites
    A Collection of Web Hosts
    Small biographies on hosts, uptime reports and some reviews
    Feel free to add your review or add a host that isn't on the list.

Originally posted by Bub Host
    dual domains shouldn't make any difference.
    It is making no difference in the site's current rankings, but it's absolutely incorrect to say that they won't make any difference. Google, and other search engines, attemp to eliminate duplicate content. They're not always successful, but they do find and drop duplicated pages. And, as far as a search engine is concerned, two different urls are two different pages. This setup runs the risk of tripping Google's dupe filter. That it hasn't yet is probably because this appears to be a fairly new site.
    Specializing in SEO and PPC management.