Question Traffic Turnover Rate

I am just wondering. I have talked to about 3 other people who run web hosting and they are sorta proving this true. The traffic to a web hosts website (Unique traffic, whether through search engines, or direct referrals, nothing like popup ads or something) there is about a new customer for every 150-200 unique page views. What about some of you guys/gals? One of the people I talked to gets about 3 signups a day and 500 or so unique page views, another gets only about 1 signup a day but only gets like 100 unique hits. I know this depends A lot on how the user gets to your site, but from a general, most of the users are at least interested point how do you guys fare? One signup every 100 unique hits? more? less?
    Web Hosting: BlueCapacity.com
    Image Hosting: iownjoo.com
    AIM: bluecapacity | Email: Webmaster at bluecapacity.com

Our conversion rate is through the roof and probably much better than many. There are several reasons for this I believe, but mainly I think it's because we don't do much in online advertising and the people that are going to the site are usually doing so to sign up not shop...

Our stats say about one signup every 65 unique hits. We also notice they make about three trips to our site before making the plunge.
    Brad Lockman
    THRIVE Corporation

I get about 100 unique visitors a day, and about 1 signup every 2 months
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

ewhost,

You may want to redesign your site.
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

March Traffic Statistics:

Total Visits 3286
    Total Unique 1627
    Present week 846
    Present day 173

Pretty low conversion rate, i'd say for every 120-150 unique visitors we get a signup.
    Linux junkie | steward.io

hmm this is pretty interesting. The better your site, prices, etc, the better your turnover rate is. 65 is the best I have heard of so far.
    Web Hosting: BlueCapacity.com
    Image Hosting: iownjoo.com
    AIM: bluecapacity | Email: Webmaster at bluecapacity.com

Originally posted by ewhost
    I get about 100 unique visitors a day, and about 1 signup every 2 months
    I agree with monster. The content is there, you just need a different design. If you can't afford a custom one, try a pre-made template.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Originally posted by DimitryVC
    For me, its been hell.
    Im getting a lot of unique hits but no signups.

Maybe its the wrong hits that are coming in :/

Dimitry
    It's definately not your site design because your design totally rocks.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Dimitry -

Your site is loading very slowly for me and my connection speed is just over 3Mbps. I assume a lot of people immediately leave because of that. Especially if you're a webhost, people will leave if your site is slow (they assume it will mean their site will be slow).

Dimitry, I also must say that your site is excellent, and your prices look really good. Good luck!
    Nokhrin - http://www.nokhrin.com/
    ~ e-commerce application development

Originally posted by mj4589
    Dimitry -

Your site is loading very slowly for me and my connection speed is just over 3Mbps. I assume a lot of people immediately leave because of that. Especially if you're a webhost, people will leave if your site is slow (they assume it will mean their site will be slow).
    My connection is just around 3Mbps and site loads fine.

However, I agree with you about loading times (it loads fast with me 'cause everything is in the cache)

Im havent gotten around finishing off optimizing everything (this was a problem when the design was first released).

I definatly have to do that before next marketing campaign launched.

Dimitry