Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Chill

Chaud,

Chill...sigma was very polite. He did not slam you and nicely commented on how well you are handling this particular customer. Enjoy the complement...all of you.
    cPanel Partner NOC -StoreSense E-Commerce Partner
    Personal, Business, Co-location, Reseller
    Negociated pricing on 1-12 month Contracts
    sales@dpssystems.com www.dpssystems.com

this hosting turned bad

Well, after a couple months of Chaud's hosting service, excell hosting, I have changed my mind.

This hosting service is TERRIBLE. At first it was great to have a close relationship with the owner, but after awhile, it turned from friendlyness to harrassment.

The main inconvenience was that I could only pay month by month, rather than year by year. So every month he would IM me saying to pay my bill. This got VERY annoying.

After not being able to handle it anymore, I decided to cancel my account. However, my PayPal account kept getting billed. I thought Chaud was just taking the last payment before cancelling the subscription. The subscription never got cancelled.

It took me 2 more payments to finally figure out how to cancel the subscription myself, since he was too stubborn and rude to cancel it himself when I asked him to.

Chaud started out as a good friend, but turned flat out rude once the money started rolling in.

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 08-21-2004 at 11:18 PM.

Sorry to hear that I was probably a little hard on you earlier. We see shady stuff go past here each and every day. Sometimes multiple times in the same day. Best wishes in your search for new hosting.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Re: this hosting turned bad

Originally posted by sk8planett
    Well, after a couple months of Chaud's hosting service, excell hosting, I have changed my mind.

This hosting service is TERRIBLE. At first it was great to have a close relationship with the owner, but after awhile, it turned from friendlyness to harrassment.

The main inconvenience was that I could only pay month by month, rather than year by year. So every month he would IM me saying to pay my bill. This got VERY annoying.

After not being able to handle it anymore, I decided to cancel my account. However, my PayPal account kept getting billed. I thought Chaud was just taking the last payment before cancelling the subscription. The subscription never got cancelled.

It took me 2 more payments to finally figure out how to cancel the subscription myself, since he was too stubborn and rude to cancel it himself when I asked him to.

Chaud started out as a good friend, but turned flat out rude once the money started rolling in.

-Aaron Sk8planett.com

Thanks For the update!!

Now you see why everyone thought this thread a little odd!!

Good Luck

My oh my.

"The main inconvenience was that I could only pay month by month, rather than year by year. So every month he would IM me saying to pay my bill. This got VERY annoying."
    Hence the subscription.

"After not being able to handle it anymore, I decided to cancel my account. However, my PayPal account kept getting billed. I thought Chaud was just taking the last payment before cancelling the subscription."
    Only you can stop subscriptions.

"It took me 2 more payments to finally figure out how to cancel the subscription myself, since he was too stubborn and rude to cancel it himself when I asked him to."
    I cannot cancel it. Only the user who has subscribed can cancel it.
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

Originally posted by chaud
    chaud, I suggest you include this in your TOS, which lacks a cancellation policy.

Originally posted by sk8planett
    Welcome back, sk8planett. I hope you re-read this thread and learn that if you are hosted with a 'friend' it is best not to review their services. It can be so misconstrued. Please limit your reviews to outfits with whom you have a business-only relationship. When you mention you are no longer friends, your negative comments lose all credibility. Contacting a client to collect payment for services rendered just doesn't come across as 'harassment'.
    Last edited by BigBison; 08-21-2004 at 07:20 PM.
    Eric J. Bowman, principal
    Bison Systems Corporation coming soon: a new sig!
    I'm just a poor, unfrozen caveman Webmaster. Your new 'standards' frighten, and confuse me...

Originally posted by chaud
    My oh my.

"The main inconvenience was that I could only pay month by month, rather than year by year. So every month he would IM me saying to pay my bill. This got VERY annoying."
    Hence the subscription.

"After not being able to handle it anymore, I decided to cancel my account. However, my PayPal account kept getting billed. I thought Chaud was just taking the last payment before cancelling the subscription."
    Only you can stop subscriptions.

"It took me 2 more payments to finally figure out how to cancel the subscription myself, since he was too stubborn and rude to cancel it himself when I asked him to."
    That's not true. You're able to cancel the subscription easily. Just log into the paypal. Look at the information where the subscription was set up, and hit "cancel subscription."

Well, I learned something new today. :p
    I still say, is it the hosts responsibility to cancel the subscription? He only contacted us after a few months of him not wanting it.
    Excell Hosting
    Budget Hosting

I think this may be one of the best posts yet..

Starts out strong and intense right from the start, .. so many twists in between.. and what do you know.. ends up right were you thought it would...Or Did it???...TAIL BETWEEN LEGS??

Funny thing is that these two are probably gonna be back for a sequel.. or could they..no?.. a prequel??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12