Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Web Host Review: Excell Hosting

Excell Hosting is a great host that I just started using. Their service is great. They are very friendly and helpful. The staff at Excell Hosting are very nice, unlike those at other hosts I've tried.
    They helped me through the transfer of my URL, and they didn't mind answering the questions I had to ask. Their service is VERY good.

As of prices, I'm blown away at what they offer. They offer Shared accounts, Reseller accounts, and Virtual accounts, ranging from $2.50 per month, to $80.00 per month. They also accept special orders if you want a different bandwidthpace ratio.

This beat out the host I had been using before. Their prices were way lower, service way better, and capabilities way higher. Even the lowest, $2.50 per month account, provides you with unlimited MySQL databases.

I recommend this hosting service to anyone; small personal site owners to large company site owners.

http://www.excellhosting.com

-Aaron Shemanski
    www.sk8planett.com

Sorry to bother here.. But the URL doesn't work, you might want to check it out
    Chuck Norris' mother called him Charles once... Once.

because it's "dot net", not "dot com". (he has a link to their site on his site)

yea and theres also a link to his site on the hosting site.

[ www.wnportal.com ] From starters to experts, personal to enterprises, wnportal.com is for everyone! Try it yourself.

yes quite interesting indeed.
    Patron: I'd like my free lunch please.
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.
    Cafe Owner: Is our lawyer still working pro bono?

Wow, his host apparently doesn't provide backups and lost all or most of sk8planett's data on a server change and he still wants to come here and praise them.

What a great customer...

How'd you find that piece of information out?
    Cafe Manager: Free lunch? Did you read the fine print stating it was an April Fool's joke.
    Patron: I read the same way I listen, I ignore the parts I don't agree with. I'm suing you for false advertising.

What a great customer...
    That should be Ideal customer I believe...

I love professional websites with 'Google Ads' on them. Fantastic.

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    It is on his website. His host must absolutely love him too, his portal uses 70+ MySQL queries for a single page view....

Is it just me or does excel's site not load half the time?

Originally posted by pixel_fenix
    Excell Hosting has switched to a new, faster server. That means we have increased speed, but most of our files and content was lost. We have most of it backed up, but some of it will have to be redeveloped.

We will be ready to go in a day or so.
    But for now, Please Take Our Poll.

Thank you,
    -Sk8Planett.com
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

They've been in business for one month but it's great to see they already have such a loyal following.
    Laurence Flynn @ HostNEXUS.com
    Managed WordPress Hosting Solutions
    Focused on speed. Obsessed with security.

Their favorite client is also their "Featured site of the week"....

Thats because its the only site that we host that is ready and looks decent enough for showin on the page. They link to use because they like us. Tell me does http://subtiltywharf.com/ look ready? What about http://qaehosting.net/ ? Why would we feature a reseller? What do you expect we are a budget host. We list that clearly in our TOS that we dont do backups. The ads are for funding. As to the protal you can talk to the creator, hes only a kid, he wrote all 20,000+ lines of it from scratch. http://dark2k1.com or the creators AIM is XxFiReStOrM2kxX . Who said it was a professional site. Its main target is children for now. Its just something we are doing for fun. Check the prices. They are almost at cost. As to featured site, in a few days when other sites are presentable then they will be featured as well. Who ever said this was a professional host? If its was we wouldnt sell so cheap, would have advertisements, and wouldnt have our target as children. Besides not too bad yet, we have had 100% uptime so far, we arent overselling, and we dont run a datacenter out of our home. So we arent that bad.
    Last edited by chaud; 03-22-2004 at 08:34 AM.

Haha. You guys are fricken over it. I'm 14. So what I use a portal, the creater has great code with everything I need. I might as well use it until I figure out my php on my own.

You guys take stuff too seriously. I was just reviewing my host for you guys. Their prices are amazing.

Go ahead and think what you want, but I'm proud to be so young and be earning income off this. You guys have fun criticizing, but if anyone of you decide you need cheap, good-quality hosting, you'll know where to find it.

BYEEEE.

No offense but you did completely set yourself up to be flamed and a professional grade host would not have lost your data like that. It is also natural to be a little confused when after an event like that you continue to fully support your host and just happen to be the featured site of the week etc.

We are budget...he was warned in advance that backups needed to be created. In our TOS we say no backups...

As to the featured site, it will be a random selection once we have good non reseller sites to present

Hey now

Yeah, he set himself up but...

He is only 14 and well the things that impress us when we are young are not constant with age and I think those who are older know it and can adjust.

I am actually impressed he isn't complaining (at least in this post) that they lost his data and suck when they clearly state the backup policy.
    cPanel Partner NOC -StoreSense E-Commerce Partner
    Personal, Business, Co-location, Reseller
    Negociated pricing on 1-12 month Contracts
    sales@dpssystems.com www.dpssystems.com

Well, he was previously hosted at pair and I can't say about his experiance there.

It is a lot better than pair... I was paying a lot more there than at Excell, and I didn't even get a fricken database, or any support. This is a lot better than what I used, so I thought I would share it with you.

Excell may have gone down for an hour or so, but he warned me that this was going to happen. Days before, he said "Excell is going offline for a little bit while we go to a new server. Your files will be lost so make a backup. It will make you go 10x faster though."

I forgot to back up my links, and that's what I lost. That's my fault, but oh well, it's fixed now. And he was right, it DOES go 10x faster. The execution time went from .4 to .03.

Okay. So stop discussing me. This is really lame. If you don't like the host, don't order from them; if you do, go order, but enough of discussing Sk8Planett.

Thank you.

...and I didn't even get a fricken database, or any support
    I wonder what Kevin (sigma) from Pair will feel about his...

Most likely not to be taken literly, he most likely means he didnt get the personal and leval of support he wanted...

Originally posted by ldcdc
    I wonder what Kevin (sigma) from Pair will feel about his...
    I don't think I really have much to add. Others in the thread have commented on the unusually close relationship between the poster and the brand new hosting company (a managed.com server) he wholeheartedly recommends.

As always when a customer leaves, we wish them all the best luck with their future endeavors, and this is no exception.

If there was a specific problem with the support provided by pair, of course we would like to know the details.

Kevin

What close relationship are we discussing? Is there an issue with featuring a random site that is hosted with us. Tomorrow hopefully somemore will be ready.

Managed.com server through angel, so what? Is there a problem with managed. 0 downtime at that server so far

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast