Thread: Flash Tutorials

Proud She-Geek

Flash Tutorials

If you use flash tutorials as part of your knowledgebase/faq/etc, have you found it's given you an edge with customers? Do your current customers use them regularly?

<?php echo "Signature here"; ?>

Yes. Most clients love the flash tutorials. However, if you have an "intermediate" client base, meaning they have a fair understanding as to how to run their site, they often times would rather be able to search/read for quick answers than watch a long drawn on demonstration on how to do something that is fairly simple once you "know how". This is our experience at least.

yes my clients like the flash demos so much since it save them hassle trying to reach the busy phone line
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

We use the Flash Demo's from

The demos are very high quality, run smoothly, and our customers find them helpful.

Thank you.
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Flash tutorials really do work - but as mj4589 said, it depends on your user base. If all of your clients are computer savvy, and know a lot about hosting and control panels - well then, it may not be such a good idea investing in the flash tutorials if no one is going to use them. However, if all of your clients are totally newbies - then it certainly is worth investing into.

I know some companies who have purchased them, the majority were extremely happy - however there was the odd who weren't happy because either their clients didn't want to use them and couldn't be bothered to wait through a long flash tutorial or because their clients were clever enough not to need them.
    However, as mj4589 and I say, if your clients are clever enough to know how to do it already, then there is no point in investing in them.